Your favorite tamper, if you could choose only one... - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
SuperT

#11: Post by SuperT »

I've gotta give credit to Espro too. I bought one to learn how to tamp (pressure-wise) without having to break out the bathroom scale. I've come to love it so much, I doubt I'll add another to my 'tools'.

Regards,
T

Psyd

#12: Post by Psyd »

HB wrote:
  • EspressoCraft
    Reg Barber Bubinga (tall RB, tall HB, short RB)
    Reg Barber aluminum (tall HB)
    Espro
    Macap dynamometric hand tamper
    La Forza (three handle shapes)
    TORR / Cafe Kultur
    Little Gem (Made in China)
    HB tamper, EPNW Compressore design
    EPNW EP5 poly tamper
    Bumper first edition
You are in the unique situation where folks are happy to give you tampers.
I like the Espro (the only one I didn't offer to loan!) except that I find myself looking for the click on other tampers and end up having to 're-weiss' the basket that I just overtamped!
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

cannonfodder
Team HB

#13: Post by cannonfodder »

My Reg HB SS convex tamper, what else is there???
Dave Stephens

HB
Admin

#14: Post by HB »

Psyd wrote:You are in the unique situation where folks are happy to give you tampers.
Yeah, sure, it happens all the time! Dave even captured one of the "happy" moments in the espressoparts.com booth at the recent SCAA conference:

Terry says: "Please accept this as a token of appreciation from the home espresso community."
Dan Kehn

Psyd

#15: Post by Psyd »

HB wrote: Terry says: "Please accept this as a token of appreciation from the home espresso community."
:D :D
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

cannonfodder
Team HB

#16: Post by cannonfodder »

Is it just me, or does Terry bare a striking resemblance to the twisted emoticon?
:twisted: :twisted:
Dave Stephens

HB
Admin

#17: Post by HB »

Psyd wrote:Tampers are kinda personal, like putting. The putter and technique that I use may not fit you, or your style.
This thread got me thinking about how hard it is to decide. So Dave and I have organized the HB Tamper Roadshow with a travelling collection of tampers. For $10 shipping and three posts, you can try out more than a dozen of the best tampers around. If you decide to buy a tamper from espressoparts.com, they'll even credit you the ten bucks towards the purchase.

The HB Tamper Roadshow comes to you
Dan Kehn

Psyd

#18: Post by Psyd »

HB wrote:This thread got me thinking about how hard it is to decide. So Dave and I have organized the HB Tamper Roadshow with a travelling collection of tampers. For $10 shipping and three posts, you can try out more than a dozen of the best tampers around. If you decide to buy a tamper from espressoparts.com, they'll even credit you the ten bucks towards the purchase.
OK, for being the muse on this one, I usually charge a beer. This one is gonna cost you a Guinness with a shot of your best spro in it (PMS).
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

teratogen

#19: Post by teratogen »

I really dig the wenge wood Concept Art tamper. You don't see it mentioned very often, but it's very well made and seriously attractive. The price is also very low for a tamper of this quality. I got mine from http://www.espressoparts.com; maybe they still have them.

Aaron

GonzoGourmand

#20: Post by GonzoGourmand »

If I had to pick just one tamper, it would naturally be my Thor, which is my pride and my joy:

Need I say why?