Peppina Redux - Page 33

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#321: Post by yakster »

It looks like the heating element has a sacrificial zinc strip wrapped around the top coil at the bottom of the picture.

I tried to remove one of the stripped group-head screws myself with a kit from a home improvement store and failed so I would recommend having a shop to it. I had to drill out the screw completely and re-thread the group on mine.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

samgiles

#322: Post by samgiles »

Hi to Peppina owners. I recently acquired one of these lovely early models. I've noted 2 rather interesting anomalies with this one. Firstly, this one has a PF with only 2 ears instead of the 3 eared ones I've seen before. The other issue is that the element is marked as being 160v. Has anyone seen a machine like this? Who uses 160 volt power supplies? I've never heard of that. I'll post a couple of pictures;

LMWDP #169

Peppi

#323: Post by Peppi »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deal with some rust on the bottom of the kettle and I was wondering if any of you fellow Peppina owners had any tips on how to deal with it. I got two places where a small piece broke of so the metal is rusting there. Since it's on the bottom, the rust gets into the water. So I'm looking for something to fix these spots but it has to be fine with high temperatures and needs to be foodgrate so it doesn't poisen my water. Any Ideas? All I could find online so far is using phosphor which apparently chemically changes the rust into something "Better" but I'm not good with that chemistry stuff......Has anybody dealt with this before?

Hauke

Bluecold

#324: Post by Bluecold »

samgiles wrote:Hi to Peppina owners. I recently acquired one of these lovely early models. I've noted 2 rather interesting anomalies with this one. Firstly, this one has a PF with only 2 ears instead of the 3 eared ones I've seen before. The other issue is that the element is marked as being 160v. Has anyone seen a machine like this? Who uses 160 volt power supplies? I've never heard of that. I'll post a couple of pictures;

<image>
<image>
<image>
Wow that is a really early one I guess. Grouphead is also a bit different. More curved. Great condition too. A real treasure.
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

KurtAugust

#325: Post by KurtAugust »

La Peppina joins the family. Really looking forward to using this one! My first spring lever. But first: a good scrub.
LMWDP #325

KurtAugust

#326: Post by KurtAugust »

Can I join the fan club? I really like this dodo. Nice ergonomics and very transparent in use. It's really giving me the flavors I was hoping for. Wow.
LMWDP #325

yakster
Supporter ♡

#327: Post by yakster »

Of course, welcome to the club. I'm always happy to see new members and talk about the La Peppina.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

pacificmanitou

#328: Post by pacificmanitou »

I'm currently trying to source the boiler lid (non steaming) for all my machines. Any ideas where I could find a stock of these?
LMWDP #366

Bluecold

#329: Post by Bluecold »

I'm probably not the only one to use microfibre cloths, and this is a great way to keep them dry and clean. A warm moist cloth is a great place for bacteria. A dry cloth at 90 degrees C is not. :wink:
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."