It's the Barista, Stupid - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
Dodger1

#11: Post by Dodger1 »

Arpi wrote: And according to who or what, does one person reach coffee consciousness, coffee competency, or coffee happiness?
To a large extent it's all in the eye of the beholder but I'd venture to say that coffee consciousness comes when you decide that you're simply fed up with the swill you've been drinking and discover this site; which you visit at least a couple of times a week. Coffee happiness comes when you find that you can actually make an espresso that isn't swill and periodically hit a sweet spot that puts a huge grin on your face. Coffee consciousness comes when you want that smile on your face every time you make an espresso, aka as a God Shot, but find that you can't.

Arpi

#12: Post by Arpi »

First, I would like to apologize for making a provocative question. My intention was not to offend anybody.

From my point of view, I do feel that coffee sometimes has been romanticized (and why not?), and different views of satisfaction and dissatisfaction have emerged.

Back to the thread.

Cheers

Advertisement
LaDan

#13: Post by LaDan »

mitch236 wrote:... The happiest times for most folks is probably 1 and 4.
ROFL!! That made me laugh out loud. What does it mean about where I am on that scale?? :(