User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 34

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
truemagellen

#331: Post by truemagellen »

tompoland wrote:The CT2 has arrived and it is quite the machine. A piece of art that's also incredibly well engineered. It's such a special machine that when I think of it being designed and created and put together by one guy, I feel genuinely privileged to have it on my coffee island.

I have a question though: does any use a bplus type device or filter papers and if so, can you point me in the direction of where I might order something to keep the shower screen clean? Thanks.

(I am in Australia but I'm happy to order and ship from anywhere)
I use the bplus disc. It is the same size as used on Cremina and older La Pavonis (pre millennia). 49.5mm. you can also use baskets, funnels, and accessories that fit 49mm machines.

It improves my shots so I use it every time. If you want a super clean group use paper filters and skip the bplus but it's a bit tricky to get that right every time although a few guys on here have it in their routine down to a science.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#332: Post by LBIespresso »

tompoland wrote:The CT2 has arrived and it is quite the machine. A piece of art that's also incredibly well engineered. It's such a special machine that when I think of it being designed and created and put together by one guy, I feel genuinely privileged to have it on my coffee island.

I have a question though: does any use a bplus type device or filter papers and if so, can you point me in the direction of where I might order something to keep the shower screen clean? Thanks.

(I am in Australia but I'm happy to order and ship from anywhere)
I use aeropress filters. Once a week or so I take my funnel and put it on a stack of paper filters and press down hard enough to leave an imprint. I then cut around that and I have a week's worth of paper filters. I rinse and re-use them for one session only.
LMWDP #580

Ad-85

#333: Post by Ad-85 »

I'm lazy so I use the cafelat robot's paper filters. Rinse, use then toss. I tuck it in with the supplied wooden tamper press it in place then rotate and lift. The trick it to press first.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

buddman
Supporter ♡

#334: Post by buddman »

truemagellen wrote:I use the bplus disc. It is the same size as used on Cremina and older La Pavonis (pre millennia). 49.5mm. you can also use baskets, funnels, and accessories that fit 49mm machines.

It improves my shots so I use it every time. If you want a super clean group use paper filters and skip the bplus but it's a bit tricky to get that right every time although a few guys on here have it in their routine down to a science.
Prior to getting my bplus disc, I used aeropress paper filters with my CT2. While they helped keep the group clean of coffee grinds, they were more of a problem when disposing of the puck. I now also use the bplus on every shot and agree that it definitely improves my shots. It has the added advantage of always providing dry, solid pucks making composting easier and cleaner.
Some drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jpaulm

#335: Post by jpaulm »

Chrikelnel wrote:Thank you for the very detailed reply! Is it possible to use it in just the regular mode and not switch between everything? I don't mind manually starting the timer, I just want a small, quick, and accurate scale that fits on the ct2 drip tray.
Yes, I think it would work well for this. It's an attractive, compact scale. Response time is quick.

tompoland

#336: Post by tompoland »

Thanks to one and all. Decided on the bplus option.
A little obsessed.

txxt

#337: Post by txxt »

For those of you using a Bplus mesh screen on top of your puck, how are you preheating it beforehand in order to not leech too much heat from the brew water?

Merry Christmas all!

truemagellen

#338: Post by truemagellen replying to txxt »

Preinfusion will take care of it

Chrikelnel
Supporter

#339: Post by Chrikelnel »

Is it worth upgrading from the tamper that came with the Strietman? I've been more or less indifferent to it so far but not sure if I care enough to spend the money.

John49

#340: Post by John49 »

Having used the Strietman tamper for 4 1/2 years, I would not change it.