[PROMO] LeverCraft Ultra Grinder - Page 41

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DucaiMann (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#401: Post by DucaiMann (original poster) »

HI All,

Been a very long time since I have posted on here. I will definitely be speaking a lot more on the Ultra grinder situation and where we currently stand in the near future but I just wanted to let everyone know that LeverCraft Coffee isn't going anywhere.

Covid has been an incredibly challenging time for coffee shops and businesses in general. We simply could not sustain the shop with the business we were getting as everything is getting more expensive with supply issues etc. Lifestyle changes have definitely affected the amount of traffic we see as well.

With that being said, with the closure of the cafe, we will be focusing on more tools and equipment, and our roasting side of the business. While we are taking a break roasting for the moment, you can expect to see some new products from us come Q1 of next year.

I cannot thank this community enough for the support we have received over the years and the patience we have had from our grinder backers. If it wasn't for y'all, LeverCraft would not be where it is now and I am eternally grateful for each and every one of you. I feel incredibly lucky to be amongst this coffee family.

I hope everyone has a great ending to this year and I look forward to growing together in our coffee journey in the coming year!

Best,

Eric
★★ Quite Helpful

Advertisement
mbeck

#402: Post by mbeck »

Amen, Eric. Glad you're pushing forward, and very excited for new roasts soon. Thanks for the update. To the new year!

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#403: Post by PIXIllate »

If there's one thing an espresso geek needs it's another tool. :)

Best of luck. I'm using your WDT tool everyday.

jonasbr

#404: Post by jonasbr »

It's been a while now since there's been any news on the grinder, and all the chatter on the Weber Workshops Key has rekindled my upgradeitis. But with so few Ultras ever hitting the second hand marked I was wondering if there's been any news I've missed on upcoming production round. Nothing else really checks the boxes this grinder does in my book, and I know I'd be beating myself up about it if I compromised and went for something else.

thoang77

#405: Post by thoang77 »

jonasbr wrote:...I was wondering if there's been any news I've missed on upcoming production round.
There won't be another production of the LC Ultra. The Ultra is only available direct from the Chinese producer and you're extremely unlikely to get a 110v model from him and it would be missing some of the features incorporated by Eric at LC. As for anything else coming from Levercraft, successor to the Ultra or other, I'm pretty sure that is something only Eric can answer.

luvmy40

#406: Post by luvmy40 »

jonasbr wrote:It's been a while now since there's been any news on the grinder, and all the chatter on the Weber Workshops Key has rekindled my upgradeitis. But with so few Ultras ever hitting the second hand marked I was wondering if there's been any news I've missed on upcoming production round. Nothing else really checks the boxes this grinder does in my book, and I know I'd be beating myself up about it if I compromised and went for something else.
There's a Monolith Flat w/SSP up for sale right now.

[FS] Monolith Flat - Feb 2020 with SSP burrs

zero610

#407: Post by zero610 »

thoang77 wrote:There won't be another production of the LC Ultra. The Ultra is only available direct from the Chinese producer and you're extremely unlikely to get a 110v model from him and it would be missing some of the features incorporated by Eric at LC. As for anything else coming from Levercraft, successor to the Ultra or other, I'm pretty sure that is something only Eric can answer.
Is it a guess there won't be anymore LC Ultra grinders or did you hear that from Eric?

Advertisement
jevenator

#408: Post by jevenator replying to zero610 »

From what I understand Eric refunded a majority of the pre-orders & cut ties with Zhang from China. No LCU in the U.S. anymore.

Best alternatives imo that you can reasonably get is Option-O and Bentwood and maybe Kafatek.

coffeeOnTheBrain

#409: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

Are there any reasons for "cutting ties to Zhang" or is this more of an assumption?

jevenator

#410: Post by jevenator replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

I'm not going to comment anything else on this topic. Eric gave an explanation to everyone who was on the pre-order list and hasn't made any public comments about it.