Weber Moonraker? - Page 22

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JB90068
Supporter ❤

#211: Post by JB90068 »

coyote-1 wrote:Doing that would clearly diminish your status.
Status? I could give a rats ass about status when I'm making my coffee in the morning. What I do like, is great design especially when it comes placing and using anything in my home. I'm at an age and have the financial freedom where I won't do "almosts" any longer.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

malling

#212: Post by malling »

BaristaBob wrote:This is why I jumped on it early! The Moonraker is worth at least $600, maybe $800 who knows?!! So $475 is a bargain!! 8)

Hey, I purchased my SworksDesign billet basket (the one with a billion holes) for $200, now selling on their website for $230!!! Just saying....

Edit: $235.00 (looked this morning) price keeps climbing!
Your joking right

Someone is going to copy it at a 1/5 of the price and I won't even feel sorry for Weber truth be told, I would have no issues buying the knock off simply because of their pricing.

BaristaBob

#213: Post by BaristaBob »

malling wrote:Your joking right
Yes...but the facts on my billet basket are nevertheless true.

I feel all this started with Ricardo Montalba'n talking about "rich Corinthian leather"!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"
★ Helpful

Capuchin Monk

#214: Post by Capuchin Monk »

BaristaBob wrote:So $475 is a bargain!! 8)
:shock: When did the price go up? I thought it was $200 and I've been criticizing their price. Now I need to double triple down on it. :evil:

mrgnomer

#215: Post by mrgnomer »

BaristaBob wrote:I feel all this started with Ricardo Montalba'n talking about "rich Corinthian leather"!
Did he say rich or fine.

Guess he said rich.
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

Plinyyounger

#216: Post by Plinyyounger »

Just be patient, they will be had for half price soon. :D
Family, coffee and fun.

Capuchin Monk

#217: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Plinyyounger wrote: half price soon. :D
I was reading in a hurry and somehow it looked like you wrote "half moon price". :!:

That may not be so bad, half price for "Half Moonraker" which is half the weight by using aluminum and plastic in place of brass, for those who are more frugal and want to WDT better. :idea:

BaristaBob

#218: Post by BaristaBob »

Capuchin Monk wrote:That may not be so bad, half price for "Half Moonraker" which is half the weight by using aluminum and plastic in place of brass, for those who are more frugal and want to WDT better. :idea:
JS...you're on your way...half price or even less looks like your ticket to the better WDT game. By that time, all the critiques will be in to say, yay or nay! I'd say it's the smart play, I just couldn't resist spending my money now. :?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

acg
Supporter ♡

#219: Post by acg »

Weber's recent post on Instagram demonstrated that one can rotate the MR continuously with a single finger. This improved the usability quite a bit. So far I am happy with the purchase.

Trittob

#220: Post by Trittob »

Has anyone tried to use the Moonraker with a Wafo Spirit basket? Does it fit on the basket and how about the needle length?