Breville Dual Boiler Group Head Leaking - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#11: Post by BaristaBob »

Roughrider wrote:The ceramic insulator is deteriorating- pieces of it fell off as I removed it from the boiler.
Can't really tell from your one pic. Bad deterioration after two years sounds a bit strange. You sure it isn't calcium scale that's falling off the insulator? My machine is seven years old and my probes are still fine, but I have 20-30 hardness water.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Roughrider (original poster)

#12: Post by Roughrider (original poster) replying to BaristaBob »

I initially thought it was calcium scale, but as I looked more closely I saw where the insulator and where the piece came from.

Advertisement

#13: Post by Roughrider (original poster) »

Hey, I had to put this project on the back burner for a minute, but wanted to revisit it as I am spending way too much money on cortados these days. I need to buy 3 new steam boiler probes - is there a good source for these? As I mentioned previously, the ceramic insulator is cracking and causing the steam to leak.

Thanks,
RR

luvmy40

#14: Post by luvmy40 »

#15: Post by Roughrider (original poster) »

I saw outback but the probes are out of stock

#16: Post by Roughrider (original poster) »

Update: I ended up calling Breville and after viewing the issue on a video call, they agreed that the issue should not be occurring and agreed to repair it at no cost. My unit was close to two years old (I believe a bit older), so for others experiencing this issue, just give Breville a call and see what they'll do. Cheers

dannymaldonado

#17: Post by dannymaldonado »

Thanks for this forum. How do I know if a probe is good or not? Mine is leaking from the probe itself, from the top. I do not see any o-rings in the probe. Do I have to dismantle the probe? I see it has a lock washer on the top. Thanks

Advertisement
luvmy40

#18: Post by luvmy40 replying to dannymaldonado »

The probe is held in the insulator by a small c-clip at the top. Pull that clip and the probe can be pushed down in the insulator, exposing a small o-ring at the bottom of the insulator.

I highly recommend replacing all the o-ring seals in the steam circuit at least semi annually. I do mine annually.