Sey Coffee - Page 5

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Almico

#41: Post by Almico »

shotwell wrote:A large number of subjective opinions does not create an objective opinion. Overdeveloped to me is different from over developed to you. Put enough people together and average the opinions and you'll have coffee that suits no one.

Your opinion of quality is just that, even when supported by other individuals. Believing that all coffee needs to fit 'the masses' is erroneous; it needs to fit a market. Implying that the definition of what quality coffee is has been fixed and can't change is even worse, which I know you aren't saying. What it seems like you are saying is that people that may be ahead of the curve or behind it are in the wrong, and that's about as weird a position as I can imagine.
Define objective opinion, please.

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#42: Post by Brewzologist »

Market research, also known as "marketing research," is the process of determining the viability of a new service or product through research conducted directly with potential customers. Market research allows a company to discover the target market and get opinions and other feedback from consumers about their interest in the product or service.
If you put enough people together you start to discover target markets. Within each of those target segments there will be a different definition of quality and definitions of what is right/wrong that are arrived at through free choice by those in that target market. Those definitions can shift with time, and new segments can be created too.

So there's nothing 'wrong' with Dunk's or 'wrong' with Sey, and there's no uber definition of "Quality" either. This reminds me of reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and Pirsig's musings on Quality. 8)

EDIT: just for fun: Ben does Dunk's and outtakes

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#43: Post by LBIespresso »

Brewzologist wrote:This reminds me of reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and Pirsig's musings on Quality.
Would it still be on topic to say I need to read that book again...with a cup of Sey coffee in my hand? :wink:
LMWDP #580

BikerDave

#44: Post by BikerDave »

stumbled upon this yesterday and they went to Sey Coffee for a tasting

THE BEST COFFEE IN NEW YORK CITY WITH ACTION BRONSON

shotwell

#45: Post by shotwell »

Define objective opinion, please.
It doesn't exist, which was my point.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#46: Post by LBIespresso »

Just got around to watching this. That spritzer on the shot at LaCabra :lol: :lol: 2:22 pause the frame :lol:

Thanks for sharing. Action Bronson fan here...in small doses though.
LMWDP #580

burnt_turd

#47: Post by burnt_turd »

2 minute steep is not nearly enough

try this recipe ....

https://coffeeadastra.com/2021/09/07/re ... aeropress/