Baratza Sette 270 adjustment ring issues - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
SutterMill

#11: Post by SutterMill »

My grinder finally got to loud and I contacted Baratza via email. I got a reply an hour later. A video and 3 days later I had a new motor and gearbox for my Sette.
If it doesn't work out of the box I'd send it back. Sounds like they're having some QA issues.

IGFXH2077 (original poster)

#12: Post by IGFXH2077 (original poster) »

Grizzley wrote:I just got a new 270 Friday night, set it up, pressed the start button, and pop!/spark, a wisp of smoke, and... no grind spin. The LED panel works fine, so it's not the fuse, and I checked to make sure I had the 2 safety switches engaged. Very frustration. Just like you, it's a new machine, it should work. Can't be bothered with repairs.
baratza's quality control seems to have gone downhill. years ago when i purchased an encore, it was an flawless experience. But recently i'm seeing more and more people complain about issues in general with their grinders. The worst part is, that the sette 270 has a lot of problems as of late, i'm seeing more and more faulty components causing issues, and they aren't cheap grinders!

Mu issues most likely has to do with a defective ball detent, problem is, it's difficult to make things right when the company doesn't even aknowledge the ticket you opended almost a week ago. Plus once they DO come back to me (if they ever do), i will have to wait for either the parts or an exchange unit, which is BS because i can't brew at home anymore.

I'm positive they won't offer to exchange it. if that's how things are gonna go, then i'll replace the parts myself and sell it so i can buy a grinder that is actually built well and won't be broken upon arrival.

#13: Post by IGFXH2077 (original poster) »

SutterMill wrote:My grinder finally got to loud and I contacted Baratza via email. I got a reply an hour later. A video and 3 days later I had a new motor and gearbox for my Sette.
If it doesn't work out of the box I'd send it back. Sounds like they're having some QA issues.
The fact that they got back to you in 1h tells me everything i need to know. here i am days later and nothing. it's ridiculous. at this point, i may as well return it to the store. if they're reluctant i'll them them i tried contacting baratza and they don't give a sh*t. as a customer the least they could do is exchange it if they don't want to accept a return.

SutterMill

#14: Post by SutterMill replying to IGFXH2077 »

I'm curious as to why you didn't exchange it right away? I'm not familiar with return policies in Canada but it seems like it would have been faster to return or exchange.

#15: Post by IGFXH2077 (original poster) »

return policies are different from store to store, they have no obligation to accept a return. In my case, the conpany's policy is that i can only return items that can be resold, mine can't be resold because it's defect. My only way out is if baratza says "exchange it where ytou purchased it" or "ask for a refund if they don't have the stock to exchange it", at this point, frankly, i hope the second option is what's gonna happen. If mine is defect without using it, i can't imagine these grinders will last long. i'm seeing people complaining about having to replace the motor and gearbox a year and a half to two years after the unboxing. Not great at all

slybarman

#16: Post by slybarman »

a lot of newly created accounts posting to complain lately.

Ken5

#17: Post by Ken5 »

IGFXH2077 wrote:return policies are different from store to store, they have no obligation to accept a return. In my case, the conpany's policy is that i can only return items that can be resold, mine can't be resold because it's defect.
Seems that stores all over have different return policies, some no questions asked, some inspect and then charge a restock fee if needed, some just charge a restock fee for anything that is opened, and some just don't accept returns at all for opened products, but I usually see that all these places take back defective items and actually pay for the return shipping. Are you sure they will not take back a defective item??

Highly doubt that they are ignoring you, have you checked your email's junk folder?? Considering the time that has passed I would email them again, especially since they have had a lot of praise for their customer service.

Blernsball

#18: Post by Blernsball »

slybarman wrote:a lot of newly created accounts posting to complain lately.
:roll:

I'm not a new account. And I've had the exact same issue with my grinder. People don't normally make threads in the repair forum just to say things are running fine...

JRising
Team HB

#19: Post by JRising »

slybarman wrote:a lot of newly created accounts posting to complain lately.
And some grumbly old accounts chiming in to complain, too.

https://shop.baratza.com/catalogsearch/ ... tent+Sette
They don't even offer the Sette Detent on their baratza.com parts page. Grumble grumble!

Where'd you buy the grinder, are they not willing to give you a detent?
I'd be the first to admit I'd be wary about buying anything from any of the companies being bought up by Breville, but it will take time for the world to run out of all parts.

slybarman

#20: Post by slybarman »

Blernsball wrote::roll:

I'm not a new account. And I've had the exact same issue with my grinder. People don't normally make threads in the repair forum just to say things are running fine...
true.

it was an observation. what it means, if anything, is subject to ones own interpretation.