Thoughts on the Nurri Leva - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Cuprajake

#31: Post by Cuprajake »

Holy post revival

I don't want to get drawn into being called a hater again because I have a competitive machine .

Primacog (original poster)

#32: Post by Primacog (original poster) »

Since the original thread on nurri machines appears to be still closed, I figure this thread is the next closest one to post anything nurri based.
LMWDP #729

baldheadracing
Team HB

#33: Post by baldheadracing »

Primacog wrote:It's just a more elegant solution in terms of workflow. I hv always found yhe need to move the cup away etc especially with a scale underneath to be cumbersome. I used to move the cup.away with the izzo and swap a plastic box to catch rhe drip but with the nurri I always use the paddle to release the pressure and end the shot. U have to start using it to appreciate having that feature there.
I can see the advantage when one is using scales while extracting. It's a feature that isn't feasible on most lever machines, and I like that you can choose to use or not use it.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Cuprajake

#34: Post by Cuprajake »

Primacog wrote:Since the original thread on nurri machines appears to be still closed, I figure this thread is the next closest one to post anything nurri based.
I was referring to the guy who quoted me from a while ago

#35: Post by Primacog (original poster) »

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equipm ... post953019

Here is a recent review on the Nurri leva by an owner that is probably the most in depth review on the nurri leva so far that is available.
LMWDP #729

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#36: Post by JB90068 »

Thanks for posting this. That is an excellent write up. Bravo and thanks to Tom for being so in-depth and informative.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

OBOB

#37: Post by OBOB »

Questions,

As I ponder my next purchase, I have watched a few videos illustrating the workflow for this Nurri. I understand one can turn the rear knob to adjust preinfusion pressure, how do you know the value after making the adjustment?

Are there non-slip feet options? I noticed Mr. Nurri kept gripping the side of the machine in one demonstration video to keep the machine from sliding on his counter.

I have not seen any peak current draw for 110-120 volt, anyone know the amp line requirements?

I have not seen any warranty information listed for this machine, so is there any such information contained in the paperwork?

Thanks!

pcdawson

#38: Post by pcdawson »

As I understand it, you use a blind basket in the portafilter and read the pressure directly off the machine's gauge.

#39: Post by Primacog (original poster) »

OBOB wrote:Questions,

As I ponder my next purchase, I have watched a few videos illustrating the workflow for this Nurri. I understand one can turn the rear knob to adjust preinfusion pressure, how do you know the value after making the adjustment?

Are there non-slip feet options? I noticed Mr. Nurri kept gripping the side of the machine in one demonstration video to keep the machine from sliding on his counter.

I have not seen any peak current draw for 110-120 volt, anyone know the amp line requirements?

I have not seen any warranty information listed for this machine, so is there any such information contained in the paperwork?

Thanks!
Hello OBOB

After u make the adjustment, u use a blind basket to chk the pressure or u do the shot with a puck in the portafilter. U can change the pressure setting of the pump in real time during the shot or with the blind basket while the pump is still running, but the manometer gauge will not show the changing pressure as u turn the dial. U have to release pressure with the left paddle and then use the right paddle or lower the lever to turn on the pump again to see what the new pressure setting is.

Yes there are non slip pads for the feet. I am not sure which video clip where Antonio was holding on to the machine but I doubt it is to stop machine from moving around on the counter. My machine doesn't move at all when I pull down the lever or release it or do anything on the machine.

I don't know about current draw but as I understand it the nurri is designed to be able tobe used for the US market. I cannot recall off hand on long the warranty is but u can check with be distributor in your area for that.
LMWDP #729

OBOB

#40: Post by OBOB »

Hi Primacog,

Thanks for the assistance! The PI pressure adjustment value was unclear from watching the videos.

The video with Mr. Nurri and the sliding machine appears on the Nurri website as he demonstrates the machine and explains its features.

The other questions concerning Amps and Warranty unfortunately do not appear on the websites respectively for the distributor nor the manufacturer so I wondered if an owner might have that information in a manual.

Thank you for the prompt response!