The Unsung Eureka Atom Pro for Brew - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
LewBK (original poster)

#21: Post by LewBK (original poster) »

I've reached out to both Seattle Coffee Gear and WLL in the past, and they did have a few sets of the Pro burrs in stock they would sell separately, but only a few. I purchased an extra set this way. I am curious about the 75mm SSP burrs too, but have seen little written about them. I also would love to see a comparison between the Pro and EK43 burrs for brew as I think their geometries and designs are similar, although the EK's are of course larger.

tim_bjorn

#22: Post by tim_bjorn »

Okay I reached out to Elektros in Italy, they can order a set of pro burrs, all in all it will be about $250 pretty steep

Jonk

#23: Post by Jonk replying to tim_bjorn »

Still, sounds like a good deal.

tim_bjorn

#24: Post by tim_bjorn »

Yeah i got the grinder for $470 on eBay, so it would still be okay within my overall grinder budget

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by buckersss »

I gave away my atom pro to a family member. I have since been using a Ceado with 83mm compak burrs. Lately I've been making more immersion/brew coffee.

I had never made this coffee on anything other than the atom pro before. In comparison I see a ton of fines from my compak k8 burrset. I only now realize how great the atom pro burrset is, even though I do not enjoy the adjustment dial on the atom pro.

Has anyone used an atom75 and atom pro? The dial on the atom pro is a turn once to achieve all settings kind of knob. Which makes it hard to dial in for espresso. It looks like the atom75 knob is set to have many revolutions in between espresso and brew levels. Is this correct?

I bought an extra atom pro burrset because I liked it so much. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a cheap atom75 to put these in, or if I should try and find a used kafatek flat, and put the atom pros in that.

The espresso was hard to dial in on the atom pro. I think a triple basket, or sub 58mm basket helps a lot for this burrset when making espresso. Having a grinder with a bit more resolution on the dial would likely also help, which is why I ask the above.

At this rate i think I'll also grab 83mm MP burrs and see how they fair in my ceado.

NotThatGuyAgain111

#26: Post by NotThatGuyAgain111 »

I placed Atom Pro burrs into Zenith Neo after getting carriers for that. For course grind Atom pro just seems too powerful. Same taste, couldn't make difference. Atom Pro now has oem espresso burrs.

STG

#27: Post by STG »

Bumping this up.

Has anyone done a direct comparison between the Eureka Atom Pro and the modern EK43 with stock burrs? I am looking for something closer to the EK43. Currently have a Vario w/ brew burrs and Ode Gen 2, and while they do make good filter coffee, I am looking for more. The Eureka Atom Pro costs half of an EK43 or Lagom 01.

LewBK (original poster)

#28: Post by LewBK (original poster) »

I too wish someone would make this comparison, but alas I have never tried an EK43. Perhaps someone with experience with both will weigh in as the burr geometries of the two grinders are similar.

STG

#29: Post by STG replying to LewBK »

Do you have any reputable roasters near you that you know us an EK43? If so, buy a bag of their coffee and ask them to grind a portion of it for pourover into a separate container to take with you so you can do comparisons elsewhere. That's how I've done all my EK43 comparisons haha.