Comments on La Marzocco Linea Micra Espresso Machine Review - Page 14

Behind the scenes of the site's projects and equipment reviews.
ethereal

#131: Post by ethereal »

What are the drip tray dimensions? I'm wondering if my current scale would fit on the drip tray...

mathof

#132: Post by mathof »

I just read IamOiman's interesting review comparing the Micra to two of his classic spring lever machines. But one comment left me wondering:
IamOiman wrote:The Micra stands out because its body is very comparable to the levers, and in fact there was a ton of deflation from the Micra shot (part of it is due to the Saka roast being less than 2 weeks post roast date and is still degassing just a bit). I did not expect this result in testing.
What does deflation mean in this context?

Thanks.

Advertisement
dparrish
Supporter ♡

#133: Post by dparrish »

I have a question regarding the built-in water reservoir size. LM have two different stats listed-2L in the "rolling features" description of the Micra, and 1.6L when you click on "compare machines". Which is correct? How does that translate in terms of how long you can go between refills?

I'm very happy with my Mini, but as we're doing a kitchen remodel (and our kitchen is quite small), I would consider selling the Mini if I gain more room and don't lose anything :).

lagoon

#134: Post by lagoon »

dparrish wrote: I'm very happy with my Mini, but as we're doing a kitchen remodel (and our kitchen is quite small), I would consider selling the Mini if I gain more room and don't lose anything :).
Since you're redoing the kitchen, is there a possibility to take the opportunity to plumb?

another_jim
Team HB

#135: Post by another_jim »

dparrish wrote:I have a question regarding the built-in water reservoir size. LM have two different stats listed-2L in the "rolling features" description of the Micra, and 1.6L when you click on "compare machines". Which is correct? How does that translate in terms of how long you can go between refills?
It's 1.6 liters, if that. I got used to filling it every morning. This wasn't necessary, but it seemed to suit the machine. The water tray is very accessible from the front. BUT, it is a pain to fill with a normal 2 liter water pitcher, and much easier with a pint sized cup.
Jim Schulman

GDK

#136: Post by GDK »

HB wrote:Here you go:

The angle of the camera may not be perfectly aligned with the ruler, but it gives you an idea of the wand length. Eyeballing it directly, it looks like 2-7/8" from the tip holes to the elbow bend.

If you have a pitcher size in mind, I'll give it a try.
Have you tried 20oz pitcher? My La Spaz has that section at 4 inches and I find it tight to do stretching with that pitcher size.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#137: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

We got one review 11/10 and another 11/14. Any others forthcoming? Inquiring minds and all...

ETA: what sort of tamper is included? NVMD found it in the review. Would love to see a pic. And to know whether the reviewers used it.

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#138: Post by another_jim »

It's an old school, double ended steel tamper, convex on both ends, 57mm and 42mm, approximately, so there is a comfortable but loose fit in double and LM single baskets. It has raised a "La Marzocco" label on handle. I used it for the whole review, since it fits my tamping routine (nutate and tamp lightly). At the get-together, most people preferred a flat bottomed, snug piston fit tamper. If that is your preference, you'll need to supply your own.

This was a review model, so it may not have included the final iteration of the extras.
Jim Schulman

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#139: Post by nsgymd replying to another_jim »

Yes...that is the tamper in my accessories box. I prefer using the Force tamper.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#140: Post by baldheadracing »

NewCoffeeGuy1 wrote:We got one review 11/10 and another 11/14. Any others forthcoming? Inquiring minds and all...
There will be more reviews, but the machines have to move between/get to reviewers. This process is ongoing. Then, once a reviewer gets one of the machines, then that reviewer needs some time with the machine, and then time to write up his experiences. In addition, now there is the holiday season.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada