Need a small, elegant electric grinder - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#11: Post by baldheadracing »

FYI, the Olympia Moca may be a Ditting EK7 underneath - Burr ID - but with steel burrs instead of ceramic.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

drH (original poster)

#12: Post by drH (original poster) »

ilVecchio wrote:Olympia Moca SD. I just took delivery from Cerini, and it's terrific.

I had an SD for a short time and loved the coffee but I was getting persistent clogging - that is , burrs running but grounds not getting ejected.
I returned it and Cerini said this didn't seem to be a general issue but likely a problem with my model....have you noticed anything like that? If I was confident in the SD I'd spring for a replacement- loved it otherwise.

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by Milligan »

If you like the profile of the comandante then the Lagom Mini is worth a look. The burrs are very similar but it is electric and one of the cheapest options of the few suggested here. It comes with two burr choices depending on your taste. Small and nice looking as well.

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by ilVecchio »

Absolutely no clogging at this time.

Jeff
Team HB

#15: Post by Jeff »

Lagom Mini, P64, potentially the Acaia Orbit (first 30 sell out tomorrow) would be in my list, based on in-cup quality with medium-light and lighter beans. The P100 isn't compact, except in comparison to a Bentwood or EK43.

Ypuh

#16: Post by Ypuh »

For looks and size I'd go with the Key.

A Mignon Oro might also work since it's tilted forward slightly.
I don't want a Decent