La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 49

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rmag

#481: Post by rmag »

My black LM (ordered on 11/14) arrives tomorrow. The tracker said it had been at the final destination since Friday, but no one had called me, so I called the shipper and they immediately set a drop off time for tomorrow. So check your trackers!

NewCoffeeGuy1

#482: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

TomC wrote:They look a bit smaller to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual valve fitting was the same size though. Specht Designs will be quite busy modding out these new Micras.
rb.crafts on Instagram is already doing mod kids. He has several photos using walnut. Looks like about $600 shipped to the US...

He's also doing some pretty wild powder coating (and/or wraps?)

rmag

#483: Post by rmag »

I just got my machine and on heating it up the first time, I'm getting a very strong burnt plastic smell! Anyone else? Very concerning.

DNL1818

#484: Post by DNL1818 »

Ouch :shock:

nsgymd
Supporter ♡

#485: Post by nsgymd »

rmag wrote:I just got my machine and on heating it up the first time, I'm getting a very strong burnt plastic smell! Anyone else? Very concerning.
I also noticed a mild smell after the machine warms up. It reminds me of a space heater. My wife doesn't even notice it.

rmag

#486: Post by rmag »

Did it go away?

I wouldn't describe it as mild. I could smell it in a totally different room. Sorta smelled like the first time you use central heat after the summer. But not the smell I want the first time I use a new espresso machine. Even my last La Spaziale that had issues didn't smell like burning the first time I used it

Jaroslav (original poster)

#487: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) replying to rmag »

I remember when I've received and turned on my Linea Mini for the first time, and the whole upper floor smelled like steel workshop for the initial few hours. The smell will go away eventually.
Jaroslav

rmag

#488: Post by rmag »

Seems like the smell is coming from this. Not sure what it is, but sort of looks like a fuse.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#489: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Umm. Yikes.

rmag

#490: Post by rmag »

Actually I think it's a relay. Which makes sense for why it could be the source of the smell