La Marzocco Linea Micra - Page 119

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
jordanborth

#1181: Post by jordanborth »

I had written in about a similar behaviour and was told it was normal to have some flex in the head. FWIW: my seal softened up nicely after about 30 shots and my machine used to shift when locking the portafilter in but over time it seems like the suction feet seal better and now it doesn't shift at all.
Less, but better.

demitry_cy

#1182: Post by demitry_cy »

yeah my seal has softened too pretty quickly
I got another weird issue with the machine though: it drives my wifi router crazy while in stand by mode, making it freeze and reboot regularly. Have to keep the machine switched off completely when not in use lol. Anyone else with this issue?

NelisB

#1183: Post by NelisB »

How much do you flush in the morning?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#1184: Post by baldheadracing replying to NelisB »

I just do the usual two-second flush before each shot.

I'm not convinced that a flush is necessary though, especially if a puck screen is used - perhaps more just force of habit with pump machines.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Houtex

#1185: Post by Houtex »

matthewh133 wrote:Has anyone received a white machine recently? I ordered 2 weeks ago and wondering what a realistic timeline might be. They say 6-8 weeks but I'm not sure if their estimates are typically accurate?
I ordered my white one on May 1 and just received my shipping email today.
Expected delivery date of June 5, which would make five weeks total time.

matthewh133

#1186: Post by matthewh133 replying to Houtex »

I actually just received my shipping notification for the white machine today after ordering on May 12. I guess they received a new batch and we got machines from the same one. Excited for delivery which is estimated June 7 right now. So I guess 4 weeks total for me.

flyingtoaster

#1187: Post by flyingtoaster »

I'm still waiting on mine. Ordered gray on May 1, then called and changed to blue on May 2.

atruelunatic

#1188: Post by atruelunatic »

matthewh133 wrote:I actually just received my shipping notification for the white machine today after ordering on May 12. I guess they received a new batch and we got machines from the same one. Excited for delivery which is estimated June 7 right now. So I guess 4 weeks total for me.
Wonder how they're batching these. Have a May 11 order for white and no notification yet. Where are you located if I may ask and what carrier are they using?

Edit: never mind, saw you're in Seattle too. Weird.
Edit edit: nvm again. Just got the email notification and same estimated delivery date 6/7

exidrion

#1189: Post by exidrion »

Hello All,

I have had my machine a week and love it so far, but this afternoon I powered on the machine and took out the drip tray to fill the tank and I noticed a drip coming from the bottom left, I am assuming this is where the solenoid vents water into the tray after a shot. It stopped once the machine was heated and I didn't notice it after I pulled a shot. Should I be worried? I Googled around and read stuff about vacuum breakers but I'm hoping that's not the case after a week of use...

baldheadracing
Team HB

#1190: Post by baldheadracing »

exidrion wrote:I have had my machine a week and love it so far, but this afternoon I powered on the machine and took out the drip tray to fill the tank and I noticed a drip coming from the bottom left, I am assuming this is where the solenoid vents water into the tray after a shot. It stopped once the machine was heated and I didn't notice it after I pulled a shot. Should I be worried? I Googled around and read stuff about vacuum breakers but I'm hoping that's not the case after a week of use...
Yes, it is normal. The vacuum breaker, over-pressure valves, and three-way solenoid drain there. Nothing to worry about. You'll even see a little grill there on the drip tray to break up the stream of water coming out of the solenoid so the stream doesn't splash up onto drip tray grate.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada