XBloom all-in-one coffee brewer (Kickstarter) - Page 9

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
heytchap

#81: Post by heytchap »

Shakespeare wrote:Is the delay until April? just confused due to the lack of clear communication.
I remember there were differences in the ship dates in the original offering on kickstarter< depending on how early was your purchase.
I'm assuming that those differences are not relevant anymore.
So, we have moved from a January/February delivery schedule to a March/April timeframe. Do I have this correct?
Their last update says shipping is to begin in late Feb

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#82: Post by Shakespeare »

Advertisement
Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#83: Post by Shakespeare »

heytchap wrote:Their last update says shipping is to begin in late Feb
Yes, I was incorrect. I have now learned that the deliveries will approximately begin at the end of February or early March.
And will continue into Aoril.

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#84: Post by Shakespeare »

I have a question for the XBloom backers. The average XBloom coffee pod will sell for approximately .99 cents.
I'm assuming XBloom will have a subscription service so there will always be fresh roasted coffee delivered each month or specific time.
If there was an option to purchase some freshly roasted single origin coffees. Or the possibly to purchase,a single origin specialty Geisha (Gesha) coffees in pods from the XBloom roasters.
Would it be an option that you might consider purchasing.
At what price per coffee pod? $4 each, $5 each, $6 each, $7 each. Would you purchase these limited editions.

heytchap

#85: Post by heytchap »

Some lucky people have these in hand already. Can't wait for mine!

Jeff
Team HB

#86: Post by Jeff »

Shakespeare wrote:I have a question for the XBloom backers.
[...]
If there was an option to purchase some freshly roasted single origin coffees. Or the possibly to purchase,a single origin specialty Geisha (Gesha) coffees in pods from the XBloom roasters.
Would it be an option that you might consider purchasing.
At what price per coffee pod? $4 each, $5 each, $6 each, $7 each.
I can only answer for myself and prior receiving mine.

I believe there will be some top-tier roasters coming on line, so the pricing question may be better answered between the mid-tier and top-tier roasters that distribute through XBloom.

For me, Manhattan is expensive, but not uncommon for me to order and enjoy. 160€ per kg for "Letty" plus a bit for shipping, about 2€ per 13 g, so around $2.50 a cup. I can grind and pour an April in around three minutes, so the "value" of convenience for me, at home is not very great. For me, even if I had one at the office, $4 is already too much. For context, I have a Timemore kettle and scale, a 1Zpresso K-series, and April dripper ay my desk.

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#87: Post by Milligan replying to Jeff »

Did you pick up an XBloom out of curiousity/hobby itch or do you see it providing a tangible benefit to your daily coffee routine? I don't find making a pour over to be very inconvenient but I already have all the gear and know-how so I thought this machine would be more focused toward someone who wants a pour over at home without learning or acquiring pour over equipment. I'm curious to the draw for people that can already make exceptional pour over and have all the gear.

Advertisement
Jeff
Team HB

#88: Post by Jeff »

Fear-free coffee on demand for the other coffee drinker in the house. "It just works" based on playing with one of the late prototypes in person.

Auctor

#89: Post by Auctor replying to Jeff »

Ha! I had the same thought, and tried to convince my wife that getting one was a good idea. Somehow I've landed in an even better place: she is okay making her own pour over and is now going to use my Fuji!

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#90: Post by Shakespeare »

Milligan wrote:Did you pick up an XBloom out of curiousity/hobby itch or do you see it providing a tangible benefit to your daily coffee routine? I don't find making a pour over to be very inconvenient but I already have all the gear and know-how so I thought this machine would be more focused toward someone who wants a pour over at home without learning or acquiring pour over equipment. I'm curious to the draw for people that can already make exceptional pour over and have all the gear.
I had written about your question previously:
Shakespeare wrote: Why I was so thrilled..was the broad range of programming steps and range that is offered.
In allowing so many opportunities in creating my own personal brew recipes.
I have a Kalita 155... The same papers that are used in the XBloom pods.

And I have a 5 step pour routine using my 'Kalita Wave' that is very complicated. And it takes too much time and effort.
I still do this complicated pour over because I enjoy the excellent coffee it makes.
I think I will enjoy it more, watching my XBloom perform all- 'my coffee rituals' ,
As my automatic Barista each morning and evening. As I practice my Zen, by 'doing less and devote time for sitting' :)
There are other reasons. For one, I have have usually 4 different light roasted coffees and sometimes more, that I choose from stored in my freezer.
Each coffee I use a different complex multi-step recipe to achieve the desired consistency that I want.
Every morning and evening I choose to perform my pour over recipe using my coffee of choice.
Now....
This ingenious 'Personal Robot Barista' has the ability to generate and reproduce my exact coffee recipes.
And yield a hot tasty coffee recreation each time without effort from me. And,each time Negligible cleanup is required.

I'm facilitated to watch how it performs this with such ease and with superior bearing..
This is performed with amazing exact repeatability each and every time.

Yes, 'I have acquired all the pour over equipment and the learning to produce enjoyable coffee pours'
But-Again, I'm very contented now to have the Auto-Robot-Butler make my coffee for me.