XBloom all-in-one coffee brewer (Kickstarter) - Page 12

Coffee preparation techniques besides espresso like pourover.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#111: Post by baldheadracing »

FedEx does offer that service (sender pays customs charges).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#112: Post by Shakespeare »

Shojin wrote:Nice! I just wanted to check in case it meant the difference between being locked into pod subscriptions or not. This product looks great, for me at least. I missed the Kickstarter so will now wait for early user reports, but if all is well I'll definitely be ordering one.

I have purchased a Etsy 'Oshi'. Negotiator Prior to my receipt of the XBloom delivery.. Thanks.
............I believe that there a need for the pleated basket filters to have the Negotiator assist in the correct alignment/placement with the XBloom Dripper. ............I had previously inconsistent alignment issues with my extraction & pour over Dripper.
Hopefully this will diminish those concerns.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1448867723 ... ch_click=1

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#113: Post by pizzaman383 »

Shakespeare wrote: I have purchased a Etsy 'Oshi'. Negotiator Prior to my receipt of the XBloom delivery.. Thanks.
............I believe that there a need for the pleated basket filters to have the Negotiator assist in the correct alignment/placement with the XBloom Dripper. ............I had previously inconsistent alignment issues with my extraction & pour over Dripper.
Hopefully this will diminish those concerns.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1448867723 ... ch_click=1
Does the xbloom dripper come with filters? What type of filters does it take?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#114: Post by Shakespeare »

pizzaman383!
wrote:Does the xbloom dripper come with filters? What type of filters does it take?
No the filters are not supplied with the Dripper. The filter pleated filter papers are: Kalita 155 . (Sold in 100 pieces)
The same type filter paper used in the XBloom coffee pods.

YouTube has the first video posted by a new owner of the XBloom. It shows the complete extraction using the coffee pod.
The initial bloom pour and then the additional multiple pours that was created by 'JOE Coffee' the specialty coffee roaster.

xBloom Coffee • Maiden Voyage:

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#115: Post by Shakespeare »

Important Shipping update in USA.

Hi xBloom backers,

We're back with some awesome updates for our Kickstarter project. We will keep this one short and sweet. Get ready for some good news!

Shipment Update
Woohoo! The April 6th shipment has already gone out, so your xBlooms are on their way! Don't worry if you haven't received any notifications yet - they're en route. We're using UPS for ground delivery after sending them to a US warehouse first, so you can expect a smoother experience without any customs hiccups. You'll receive notifications in a few days, so keep an eye on your inbox.

4th Batch - April 25th
Buckle up, because the next batch of 400 machines is set to ship on April 25th! We're keeping the momentum going, and this means that all US & Canada Kickstarter orders will be fulfilled!

Love,
xBloom team
@everyone

ira
Team HB

#116: Post by ira »

This was on display at SCA and I watched it brew a few drinks. I did not taste anything. I was one of 25 or so people at the show wearing a mask and so no coffee for me. It seems to do exactly what's claimed, Onyx seems to be partnering in some way and was supplying all the pods I saw them using. People around me seemed quite pleased with the coffee. And it both small and looks good, something I'd be perfectly happy to have on my kitchen counter. They did have the optional basket for bring your own beans on display and it all looks workable. Time will tell if it's reliable, but first glace says it all that's claimed for it. The only question I have is the size of the water tank. It might need filling pretty often as being so small, I don't see where there is a lot of room for a tank, but I might be wrong.

heytchap

#117: Post by heytchap replying to ira »

They are exploring a larger tank addition now, there's been a lot of feedback on their discord and the team is very interactive there.

As for the device itself, I haven't made a coffee by hand in about a month since I've had mine. Absolute game changer for convenience for me.

LewBK

#118: Post by LewBK »

Hoffmann Review of xBloom:

carmelscene

#119: Post by carmelscene »

Had some high hopes for this machine however deal breakers for me 1) size of water container 2) height 3) not being calibrated properly. The whole point is to have amazing coffee without the fuss otherwise I'll just make my own coffee. Lol. I'm not so worried about the pod issue he brings up.

Wondering if the water not being a strong stream is the reason it doesn't have good extraction.

Shenrei

#120: Post by Shenrei »

There seems to be an issue with Hoff's unit and how calibration is working. On their Discord server, it's suspected because he's using a 120v 60hz unit in a 50hz environment (despite using a transformer). That's not my area of expertise so take it as you will. My xBloom extracts really high from the pods I have measured (B&W Future), at around 1.5-1.6 TDS and I can achieve the same with the reusable dripper with tasty results. I've been enjoying my unit a lot, and although it took a lot of trial and error to create a recipe I'm happy with when using my own beans, I've been successful in achieving a brew that replicate my own manual pourovers, or very close to it, with regards to the built-in grinder (which by the way, is VERY good and I would say better than the 1zpresso K series). The machine is great when I'm too lazy to make a manual pour for myself or for guests. It's a time and effort saver.

Everything else with Hoff's review I have to agree with. The lights on the front don't mean anything to me, and I can see refilling the tank to be kind of annoying if you have to pull it out all the time.
- Tim