Lelit Bianca real life power usage - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
andrem (original poster)

#11: Post by andrem (original poster) »

slaughter wrote:Hi there. I do own a 220v version of Bianca V2 and I had the same question with you. So I bought a smart plug with power meter to check. Bianca consumes about 0,35kw in order to heat up from cold and produce 2 drinks one of which requires steaming. On average I brew 4 drinks per day with two heat ups from cold and the max consumption is below 1kw around 0,70-0,80. It does not consume excessive power if you leave it open for a few hours but I usually switch it off if I do not need it or expect guests :D
Thank you, very interesting information!

My point and I think more people are pondering about that is how the costs way up to a better outcome. when upgrading from an already good machine to an undoubtly better machine.

And speaking of "The law of diminishing returns". Nowadays powercosts should be taken into consideration. Of course, dis kind of upgrades is also an 'emotional' decision but I also think that with these kind of costs for electricity a decision for an even more expensive but less power consuming option might be justified. Unfortunately we do not have a reseller for Decent espresso machines to mention an option that seemingly is more efficient on the powerconsumption end. Also the Ascaso mentioned before might be interesting. I love the Ascaso Baby T Plus in that respect. But that 'baby' has apart from a thermoblock steaming solution also a 2.5 liter brewboiler. Nice and stable of course but not helping in powerconsumption terms.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by PIXIllate »

andrem wrote: Unfortunately we do not have a reseller for Decent espresso machines to mention an option that seemingly is more efficient on the powerconsumption end.
No one does. Decent only sells direct to consumers worldwide.

jajo

#13: Post by jajo »

Hi! I have a Bianca V3 and today I measured the power consumption. Bianca was on for 2 h (heating from cold with steam boiler off) during this time I made 3 coffees and it consumes about 0,28 kW. Yesterday I had similar results - 1 h 40 min working time, 2 coffees, steam boiler off, 0,24 kW.
Obviously, with the steam boiler on it consumes more, but I haven't measured it yet.
★ Helpful

skansen

#14: Post by skansen »

My Bianca is working approx 8 hours per day. I switch her ON in the morning and switch OFF in the afternoon. Average consumption is 4 espresso and 3 milk drinks. Average power consumption is 1,7kWh per day.
★ Helpful

slaughter

#15: Post by slaughter »

andrem wrote:Thank you, very interesting information!

My point and I think more people are pondering about that is how the costs way up to a better outcome. when upgrading from an already good machine to an undoubtly better machine.

And speaking of "The law of diminishing returns". Nowadays powercosts should be taken into consideration. Of course, dis kind of upgrades is also an 'emotional' decision but I also think that with these kind of costs for electricity a decision for an even more expensive but less power consuming option might be justified. Unfortunately we do not have a reseller for Decent espresso machines to mention an option that seemingly is more efficient on the powerconsumption end. Also the Ascaso mentioned before might be interesting. I love the Ascaso Baby T Plus in that respect. But that 'baby' has apart from a thermoblock steaming solution also a 2.5 liter brewboiler. Nice and stable of course but not helping in powerconsumption terms.

Haha you are right. In order to justify my purchase I made an extended cost breakdown including ng the following
  • Coffee beans
  • Milk
  • Water
  • Cleaning products
  • Water filter
  • Power usage
On average I make 3-4 drinks per day most of them with milk. So based on the above the cost per cup at home is a little below 1 euro while the same coffee from a shop here in Greece costs around 2,2 euros (for takeaway)

I created an excel file where I adjust the costs and watch for the profit :D

Needless to say that I use better coffee than the one from coffee shop and the end product is equal or better in taste

slaughter

#16: Post by slaughter »

Here is a nice video about power consumption between different type machines (Single Boiler, Small Dual Boiler, HX, Large Dual Boiler)