Wilfa Uniform - how to make new zero point? - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
cactus_farmer (original poster)

#21: Post by cactus_farmer (original poster) »

Jonk wrote:Not directly, but against reference grinders. In my experience those M2 burrs are surprisingly good for pour over, with nice bite and sweetness too. I liked it enough to give to a family member, but it's not on my counter anymore. In the end these things are down to personal preference of course.
Funny enough, 'bite' and 'sweetness' are terms I often see associated with conical-style burrs because the thicker mouthfeel gives the 'bite' and sweetness is also related to heavier texture in a way I can't explain - but I know the association is there. For instance, when Kyle Rowsell compares grinders, the one with the heavier body is always described as 'sweeter' than the one with higher clarity. I think higher clarity seems to be associated with greater acidity whereas higher texture is associated with greater sweetness?

Anyway, this could indicate that the M2 burr would be a good contrast to the Wilfa Uniform if it has these attributes, because in comparison the Uniform might have thinner body, less sweetness, higher clarity and higher acidity...?

What reference grinders did you compare it to?