My hand grinder journey has ended - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
iyayy

#21: Post by iyayy »

i doubt they care.
more sale is good. ypu should add another grinder with red clix as well.
else they can just lawsuit out competitors from bringing innovations into the region.

no wait, they really dont care.
there's alrdy c60 baracuda..
same old adjustment.. even worse finger clearance too, injury prone is good step forward?
60mm tho..

wormraper

#22: Post by wormraper »

ListlessWanderer619 wrote:

It's very very similar to the Q2. Maybe a slightly more complex flavor due to the 12.5 micron adjustments, but overall basically a q2 heptagonal on steroids is the best way to describe it. Very clean and sweet. I like the flavor profile even more than my k series

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#23: Post by LBIespresso »

iyayy wrote:i doubt they care...
else they can just lawsuit out competitors from bringing innovations into the region...
Can anyone point to an actual lawsuit and discuss its merits or lack thereof? I couldn't find anything other than conjecture.
LMWDP #580

iyayy

#24: Post by iyayy »

there's a reddit thread on it, easily found.

1zpresso also had to remove their produce from amazon europe,
while they still mention that,
looks like they recently manage to sell again as updated in the same announcement.
https://1zpresso.coffee/announcement/

the did however did not ship to europe when the 1zp6 pro was announced for orders, and some who obtained 1z in europe had to go thru middleman proxy.

bottom line is this actually happened.

BSdV

#25: Post by BSdV »

Jonk wrote: While I agree that the C40 is one of the good grinders, espresso included, it's just sad that you're compelled to buy a second grinder because they refuse to update the design. On many grinders with external adjustments, changing back and forth is a breeze.
I'm not sure about that. Yes, I would not have minded if they would have updated the design, but I don't mind they didn't either. For me the overall qualities or overall package of the grinder make that without hesitation I've ordered another one. Even if changing between grind settings was simpler I probably would have gone with a second manual grinder if I will be changing settings back and forth several times a day.

Also any manufacturer is free to build the product they want and nobody is forcing you to buy their product.
Sure, many people will choose another grinder from another maker to suit their needs better. Luckily we have a choice here. Especially now when there seem to be good grinders in abundance

BSdV

#26: Post by BSdV »

Well, I had no idea this C60 grinder would be coming, otherwise I actually might have waited some time with ordering a new c40.
Need to think a little on this. Still a chance to cancel my order and wait until this comes out.
Think I will try to get some more info from Comandante about this grinder...when/price etc. Benefits over the C40, if any.

Yan

#27: Post by Yan »

Anyone have experience with C60?

jpender

#28: Post by jpender »

Jonk wrote:Yeah, there has been a lot of bad advice around when it comes to grinders.
I bought a Porlex as an upgrade to a Kyocera hand grinder based on the description I read on the website of a well respected manufacturer and retailer:
"The body is 100% stainless steel and the fit of the body parts is excellent. The conical burr is ceramic, and is the same as the burr in the Porlex Tall. It lends itself to easy cleaning and a long rust free life. Inner spring mechanism keeps the burr evenly adjusted even on the coarser grinds.

"...This is an extremely compact coffee grinder, perfect for travel or every day use at home! We think you are REALLY going to like this grinder!"

Some years later this same retailer described the Porlex as "generally cheese", which made me laugh. But also made me question everything else I ever read on their website.

I bought an OE LIDO 1, which is a good grinder but kind of clunky and has poor ergonomics. And I bought a 1Zpresso Q2 to replace the Porlex in my travel kit.

When I got an espresso machine I purchased a Kinu M47 Phoenix and have been quite happy with that. But I keep reading how I would be so much happier with some grinder other than the Kinu. This sort of message wears on me, and I imagine it does to others as well. I keep thinking: What am I missing? Maybe if I buy another grinder. And then another.

And another.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#29: Post by LBIespresso »

iyayy wrote:there's a reddit thread on it, easily found.
Much is said on the internet...don't believe everything that you read.
iyayy wrote: 1zpresso also had to remove their produce from amazon europe,
while they still mention that,
looks like they recently manage to sell again as updated in the same announcement.
https://1zpresso.coffee/announcement/

bottom line is this actually happened.
That is more along the lines of what I was looking for. Thank you.

The only unanswered question is, did the lawsuit have merit or not?

I'm still torn abut which to buy, C40 or ZP6

Good thing I'm patient and don't mind waiting for facts.
LMWDP #580

jbviau
Supporter ★

#30: Post by jbviau »

^^^ I would not recommend being so dismissive of the reddit thread, which is pretty comprehensive:
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias