Cafelat Robot's V-seal is not generic? - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jpender

#31: Post by jpender »

Scott-ishBrewer wrote:Since Cafelat Robot is almost fully made out of steel, then it must be sturdy enough to least for at least 5 decades. Then I want to maximize my use on my $300 Robot for that long. I want to get the most out of the Robot.
The body is aluminum. I'm not worried about it breaking but I suppose it's possible. I took the arms off a month ago because there was squeaking and noticed fine metal dust in and around the top joint. I cleaned and lubricated it and it's fine for now.

Five decades seems like long enough to budget for seal replacement.

HB
Admin

#32: Post by HB »

Now that this issue appears to be settled, I've put this thread on cooldown to let the temptation to pile on with "what will I do in 50 years!" concerns die down. :lol:
Dan Kehn

Scott-ishBrewer (original poster)

#33: Post by Scott-ishBrewer (original poster) »

jpender wrote:The body is aluminum. I'm not worried about it breaking but I suppose it's possible. I took the arms off a month ago because there was squeaking and noticed fine metal dust in and around the top joint. I cleaned and lubricated it and it's fine for now.

Five decades seems like long enough to budget for seal replacement.

Thanks for sharing!
HB wrote:Now that this issue appears to be settled, I've put this thread on cooldown to let the temptation to pile on with "what will I do in 50 years!" concerns die down. :lol:
Yes, its settled for now but I still have a bit of doubt. However, its indefinite whether this thread continues.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#34: Post by pizzaman383 »

Scott-ishBrewer wrote: Yes, its settled for now but I still have a bit of doubt
Have you figured out what would actually satisfy your concerns?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”