Salvatore Compact basics - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
chappcc

#31: Post by chappcc »

I only used softened and conditioned water. I did remove the vacuum breaker and soak it in vinegar once when I go a slight hiss from the valve. That took care of the hiss.

Satchmo780 (original poster)

#32: Post by Satchmo780 (original poster) »

Package arrived from Salvatore today, new double spouted portafilter, complete gasket set, and his tools for removing the sleeve, so that I can complete the maintenance when necessary.

Also vaccum breaker which slotted into the boiler no problem.

I took a peak inside and the scale doesn't look too bad.

How full should the boiler be when the machine is off?
LMWDP #737

#33: Post by Satchmo780 (original poster) »

So I'm guessing that my boiler has been overfilling. When I pulled the plug to put in the vacuum breaker, the boiler was full to the top. When the machine started heating, I ended up with water all over the place, once it sealed it worked fine. I descaled the water sensor, and emptied some water which I've replaced with an RPavlis recipe so we'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.
LMWDP #737

chappcc

#34: Post by chappcc replying to Satchmo780 »

You should check that the water level sensor is properly connected to the controller with no breaks in the wire and that the controller is actually functioning. You may want to pull the sensor to make sure it is clear of scale as well.

#35: Post by Satchmo780 (original poster) »

Thanks!

I cleared the scale yesterday and this morning it worked without issue. No overfilling. When I have some time I'll pull the solenoid and descale that as well, because it may have failed open for a bit.
LMWDP #737

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#36: Post by pizzaman383 »

Satchmo780 wrote:Package arrived from Salvatore today, new double spouted portafilter, complete gasket set, and his tools for removing the sleeve, so that I can complete the maintenance when necessary.
Would you please post some pics of the tools for removing the sleeve?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

baldheadracing
Team HB

#37: Post by baldheadracing replying to pizzaman383 »

I think that it is an RSVP "Terry's tamper" that he's tapped for the threaded rod.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

#38: Post by Satchmo780 (original poster) »

Here you go.

Tool is a tamper fitted with a rod, a metal tube, and a disc that fits on top of the tube. Such that tightening the nut pulled the tamper through the group to remove the sleeve.

LMWDP #737