Help! Slayer, La Marzocco Leva or Speedster - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
drgary
Team HB

#21: Post by drgary »

When the Linea Mini first came out, Chris Tacy, one of our veteran former Team HB members did an in-depth review. Among other things he trained baristas at Stumptown Coffee Roasters. Later in that review, Dan Kehn, our site owner, takes a test drive and posts a video. For an impulse buyer wanting to get into making espresso they can tune, it's one of the best choices, where the idea is for the machine to be easy to adjust as you dial in shots by taste. It is not a showpiece listed by the original poster. I believe it's worth a read to help situate the kind of choice it is.

La Marzocco Linea Mini Review

We also have a review of the Speedster by Dan Kehn.

Speedster Espresso Machine Review

And here is a thread featuring videos with an industry expert discussing his La Marzocco Leva X.

Videos of Greg Scace at home (and his La Marzocco Leva X)
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Ad-85

#22: Post by Ad-85 »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Ha I told my daughter that buying a bike at 14. But it's true for coffee too. I don't know about the other machines but Slayer does give you lots of custom options in both terms of materials and custom color options.
Slayer is the best sized for home out of the three and looks great too! I'd go the lever route but that's bias :twisted:
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram