Bellman CXE25 leaks

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Saga286

#1: Post by Saga286 »

Hello. So I have 2 Bellman CXE25 units and one CX25 unit and all of them have developed the same issue. Once I start steaming, they will all leak air out the top part of the steam wand tip causing bubbles to appears in the milk and ruining my steaming attempt. One of the units did not have a gasket in the steam wand tip, the other 2 did. I am unable to find the proper sized gasket for these units. Can someone help?

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

In general, when I've had steam tips leaking at the juncture to the steam arm, I've wrapped some PTFE tape around the threads, which seals the leak. Another possibility is food safe medium strength thread locking compound.

Also it'll be much easier to see what you're dealing with if you post some photos.

Posting images on HB
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
beardsicles

#3: Post by beardsicles »

Oh interesting, I'll have to take a look at mine and see how mine is set up.

Gotta say, I get really good cappuccino foam out of my CXE25 but getting that latex-paint latte foam has been incredibly difficult. I'm relatively new to this but just baffled.

Saga286 (original poster)

#4: Post by Saga286 (original poster) »

This is where air will leak out on the wand when steaming

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

Here's some Bellman parts, but I don't see anything for the steam wand tip gasket. You could look at the assorted o-ring kits at Harbor Freight.

https://www.fantes.com/kitchenware/repl ... lman-parts
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

That looks like a pretty standard steam tip design that can be better sealed at the threads. The inability to do microfoam might call for a single hole tip with a smaller diameter hole, if such tips made for other machines like a La Pavoni will fit the Bellman. Perhaps you can measure the diameter of the steam shaft and the thread pitch and count, which could help you shop for one.

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-info ... pitch.aspx
Gary
LMWDP#308

vit

#7: Post by vit »

Don't forget to purge air from Bellman before steaming. Just put the tip into glass of water and do it until big bubbles are gone and water starts heating up - can take 10-20-30 s (depending how high the temperature inside when you do it). Otherwise air from Bellman will finish in the milk through the tip even if it doesn't leak on threads or you put better tip onto it and ruin your attempts

I leave water in mine after steaming, so it's ready next time and without much air inside (though after several years, valve leaks a bit). It produces funny / loud sounds and shakes when you heat it with vacuum inside ... I posted the video a while ago ... Didn't open it for 2 years I think ...

As far as I can remember, I didn't have problems with leaks at the tip (but maybe I used some teflon tape after inspecting it at the beginning, not sure). It's not air leaking there (unless you don't purge it) but steam, however I agree it might be a problem

Advertisement
Saga286 (original poster)

#8: Post by Saga286 (original poster) »

Thank you for the replies. I'll see if I can find a gasket small enough to fit. I have tried using teflon tape on all of them. It works the first time, then starts leaking again. When I remove the tip, the tape was reduced down to almost nothing, probably due to the heat.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

Heat isn't going to dissolve PTFE (Teflon) tape. Just do more turns when you wrap it.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Pressino »

I think it is item #5005 in the parts diagram found at:

https://www.bellmancoffee.co.uk/product ... eq=uniform

But as noted in an earlier post, you could probably find a suitable o-ring elsewhere.