ECM stainless steel tamping station - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
bonjing

#11: Post by bonjing »

What is the portafilter that came with the synchronika made out of? What is the benefit of the SS? Better heat retention? Nicer feel in the hand? Not judging, genuinely curious :)

baldheadracing
Team HB

#12: Post by baldheadracing replying to bonjing »

Spouted stainless steel portafilters are much easier to clean, and, unlike brass portafilters, the chrome doesn't eventually flake off.

The advantages of stainless steel show more in commercial use. A home user can clean the portafilter after every shot, and years may pass before the chrome starts to flake.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Advertisement
Derryisreal (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Derryisreal (original poster) »

Nice to know I am not the only one that bought it :) I wonder what justification WLL , Clive, or any of the others have for dropping specific products of certain brand they carry. It would be one thing if the products are out of stock, but to be unable to special order such item is frustrating.
There is one other accessory for the owners of ECM grinders that I found at idrinkcoffee.com that seems really cool:

https://idrinkcoffee.com/products/glass ... s-grinders

It almost made me reconsider buying the Titan grinder :wink:
Light roasts are to me what garlic is to vampires.

bonjing

#14: Post by bonjing »

baldheadracing wrote:Spouted stainless steel portafilters are much easier to clean, and, unlike brass portafilters, the chrome doesn't eventually flake off.

The advantages of stainless steel show more in commercial use. A home user can clean the portafilter after every shot, and years may pass before the chrome starts to flake.

Thank you.

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#15: Post by JB90068 »

On second glance, I may have the old aluminum version. Mine weighs 500g or around 17 oz. I've found that it holds all of my ECM portafilters just fine so that I can work hands free. Does your's have an o-ring on the bottom?

Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Derryisreal (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by Derryisreal (original poster) »

Yes, it does, you definitely have the aluminium version. The stainless steel one weighs 1300 g.
Light roasts are to me what garlic is to vampires.