Nurri Leva S. A. - Page 23

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Primacog

#221: Post by Primacog »

Jake, you and i know exactly what you and daveyb and some others are doing. All this drip.feeding of comments casting doubts on the nurri for the last few months ... it is what it is, and no amount of revisionism changes what it is clearly intended to be. What refutes your attempted representation of me as a blind devotee of the nurri cult is the fact that i have always been on the side of facts and if something is clearly factually correct, i have not only conceded it but even volunteered it. Eg on the falling short by 1 degree of the set value on the grouphead temp pid. No product is perfect and neither is the nurri LSA but it is a very very good machine that doesnt deserve to have untrue slights inflicted on it - eg insinuations that its nurri fsctory manufacturing origin being supposedly untrue or that it is supppsedly noisy...

Am i being over sensitive or are some (not all) evo owners trying to cast shade on the nurri as the bright shiny new thing that outshines their machines? The posts that have been posted are on the relevant forums speak for themselves...
LMWDP #729

Advertisement
Cuprajake

#222: Post by Cuprajake »

I really don't care, I'm starting to lose the will to live with forums, people seem to be so blinded by what they buy, they won't/can't objectively speak about anything else.

People are free to express what they feel, all you can do is correct that with evidence.

I have no ties to any manufacturer, I don't care if they make money selling machines, it has no come back for me.

no manufacturers will loose sleep because some random on a forum says something.

Don't let them wind you up.

I've purposes stayed off the nurri posts because everytime I say anything people come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

Sick of it

Cuprajake

#223: Post by Cuprajake »

To add I'm counting down the days to a yrs ownership then I will do a run down on what I like about my current machine.

Primacog

#224: Post by Primacog »

Cuprajake wrote:I really don't care, I'm starting to lose the will to live with forums, people seem to be so blinded by what they buy, they won't/can't objectively speak about anything else.

People are free to express what they feel, all you can do is correct that with evidence.

I have no ties to any manufacturer, I don't care if they make money selling machines, it has no come back for me.

no manufacturers will loose sleep because some random on a forum says something.

Don't let them wind you up.

I've purposes stayed off the nurri posts because everytime I say anything people come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

Sick of it
If you are really objective, why are you objecting to what im doing? Why am i suddenly the blind devotee who is being overly defensive? After all i am correcting the erroneous thing daveyb said with evidence - which is precisely what u said i should do. I went to the horses mouth and asked them and they responded by clarifying that address isnt their factory address (nor did their website ever say it was anyway) and they offered to give anyone who is keen to visit a factory tour.

Methinks u r not quite as objective as u think u r...
LMWDP #729

Cuprajake

#225: Post by Cuprajake »

It's the way you go about it, so aggressive with it.

I'll keep off your thread, I'll speak nothing of your machine

I cba asking the next question so I'll leave it,

Satchmo780

#226: Post by Satchmo780 »

Primacog wrote:If you are really objective, why are you objecting to what im doing? Why am i suddenly the blind devotee who is being overly defensive? After all i am correcting the erroneous thing daveyb said with evidence - which is precisely what u said i should do. I went to the horses mouth and asked them and they responded by clarifying that address isnt their factory address (nor did their website ever say it was anyway) and they offered to give anyone who is keen to visit a factory tour.

Methinks u r not quite as objective as u think u r...
I never realized making espresso was a team sport. Why do you all care so much about the company that makes your machine, to the point of defending them more so than the manufacturers themselves probably care to?
LMWDP #737

HB
Admin

#227: Post by HB »

Cuprajake wrote:You need to back down a little... All you end up doing is coming across as a nutter... It's the way you go about it, so aggressive with it...
Please review the site's Guidelines for productive online discussion and you may realize such commentary about another member (i.e., they are a "nutter"), even if you believe it factually correct, is problematic to say the least.

If another member is indeed violating one of the guidelines (e.g., "dogmatic replies"), report the post and a moderator will look into it. In my many years of moderating, I cannot recall a case where one member critiqued the posting style of another and they responded with "Oh, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out." However, a moderator has tools at their disposal that can encourage reflection (e.g., temporary account suspension, moderator-approved posts).

TL;DR: Got a problem with another member? Let us handle it. This thread is closed for awhile. Thanks.
Dan Kehn