Lelit Elizabeth coffee puck sticking to shower screen after pulling shots - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bcrdukes

#11: Post by bcrdukes »

How does Pulycaff differentiate from Cafiza?
LMWDP #685

Sportwomble

#12: Post by Sportwomble »

Chemistry wise no idea, practical experience of both (and others) pulycaf (original not green) is the best commercially available coffee equipment cleaner bar none.

CSME9

#13: Post by CSME9 »

Both clean gunk well, cafiza seems to dry out make the e61 lever squeaky/stiffer which eventually eases up some.
Foams more which I don't prefer vs the pulycaf which foams less with more water swoosh-i prefer pulycaf.

oksako

#14: Post by oksako »

alfredocalza wrote:Very helpful info. Thanks everyone!
What was your solution to this? I'm having the same issue and it means always more cleaning after a shot, this is annoying..

gobucks

#15: Post by gobucks »

It's pretty normal if you're doing lighter doses. I have this issue most of the time if I attempt to pull 14g, happens sometimes at 15g, much less frequent at 16g+. Of course all of this depends on the density of the beans.

oksako

#16: Post by oksako »

So everyone has this with every machine? This can't be right.

KevInFrance

#17: Post by KevInFrance »

It happens with mine fairly often. Usually with smaller doses. I haven't tried a puck screen (don't have one). They seem to help some people but I find it is only a minor annoyance. :)

scrane

#18: Post by scrane »

I like the puck screen. It keeps everything cleaner. I rarely have to backflush. I see no downside in using it.

bean2friends

#19: Post by bean2friends »

It happens to me for no apparent rhyme or reason. Just finished a thorough back washing with detergent, haven't backwashed for 2 weeks, new coffee, darker roast, lighter roast, 16 grams, 14 grams.
not regularly just sometimes. One thing is a constant for me. I don't have the springs in my portafilter. I take the baskets out to dose. Usually, I find if I'm just a little more patient about removing the portafilter it gives time for the suction to release.