Artisan+ home-roasters use discussion - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#11: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

@Chert - stop buying greens. :D

I can see my buying patterns and also get reminded how old my greens are. I keep between 100-150lbs on hand.

NOTE that if hover over items on this screen you get pop ups with lots of useful information.

The charts show also show your breakdown by

Regions - e.g. South America
Origins - e.g. Guatemala
Varietals - e.g Bourgon
Certifications e.g. Organic etc

The origin and regions graphs show it by lbs (or kilos), USD (or €), and USD/lb. This is interesting to see where your $'s are going. Really easy to see the cost of the Africas here. You can see one of the pop ups I mentioned showing cost per pound.

Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Chert (original poster)

#12: Post by Chert (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:@Chert - stop buying greens. :D

]
could be a good idea, but there are some really good ones' available, in addition to the great ones in my basement.

But I seem to have misplaced about 450 kg worth if the below is what you reference:

I think artisan plus shows that to help with the home versus commerical artisan + accounts. I'm not actually sitting on 1200 lbs of green coffee.
LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#13: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to Chert »

yes you get to roast 500kg a year on the Home version.
Artisan.Plus User-

Chert (original poster)

#14: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Is there a way to interrogate whether the cloud artisan plus has correctly logged the decrement in stores for a roast like it appears to for purchases and sales of beans?

For example my last night roast of 389 g Nicaragua Buena Vista is stored as a roast, but I don' t see verification that my stores decreased any.
LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#15: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz replying to Chert »

Yes look at the transactions for the beans at issue.
Artisan.Plus User-

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#16: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Hacea Coffee is now part of the collaboration and offers a discount on purchases and green bean data import.
Artisan.Plus User-

Chert (original poster)

#17: Post by Chert (original poster) »

There is a lot of information that some sellers make easy to add to Artisan + beans stores.

Suppose I have the information about a coffee (for examples) about a cup of excellence auction lot to distribute here or about Cafe Juan Ana cooperative coffee sourced through Friends of San Lucas Atitlan or maybe from a distributor that doesn't make the information loadable to Atisan +. How can I save my information and send the Artisan + metadata to someone who uses Artisan plus and is receiving the same coffee?

It's nice to have that information but some effort to enter it all, unless you buy from Artisan partner suppliers.

LMWDP #198

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#18: Post by LBIespresso »

I love the storage feature and even use the 2 locations (Freezer and room temp shelf for me). I find it a super useful tool that saves me from digging through the chest freezer to see what's in there.

My only issue is, when I vac seal and freeze the 10 pounds that I just bought and each one is 459g (so not exactly a pound) and I use it, I end up with an odd amount left in storage. So I either need to store it as 4.59 KG converted to Lbs or put the wrong amount in for each roast.

Reading this I realize I am doing a terrible job of explaining my problem but maybe it's just an issue for me and I just need to be more precise on my storage. Like saying I am putting 10.1192 pounds in the freezer instead of 10 pounds.
LMWDP #580

Chert (original poster)

#19: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Artisan plus can be used at home roaster level or professional for tracking greater quantity of coffee.

My use at some 50+/- kg tracked in a year. is that pico-roaster level? There is some benefit to it and a nice way to support Artisan team further development of the platform.

So I re-upped.
LMWDP #198

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#20: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Thanks Chert - while Plus is labeled an inventory system, I really see it as a data system. When green suppliers have links with bean data then you get all the data like variety and altitude and import date, so if you order from sellers like Burman, Roastmasters, SM that don't have links please drop them an email and ask them to add them. Thanks for your support everyone.
Artisan.Plus User-