Ponte Vecchio Portafilter Screen Logo

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
tompeij

#1: Post by tompeij »

Not sure if anyone is interested but I just ordered a puck/portafilter screen from Etsy and wanted to have it laser engraved with the PV logo.

Since I went through the trouble of remaking it based off of their tiny website logo, I thought I would post it here for anyone who might be interested in using it as well. It's probably not exact but it's close and I think it will look cool :) (sure dad...)

bcrdukes

#2: Post by bcrdukes »

tompeij wrote:Not sure if anyone is interested but I just ordered a puck/portafilter screen from Etsy and wanted to have it laser engraved with the PV logo.

Since I went through the trouble of remaking it based off of their tiny website logo, I thought I would post it here for anyone who might be interested in using it as well. It's probably not exact but it's close and I think it will look cool :) (sure dad...)
Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing the link to the Etsy page where you got the portafilter screen? I have one from "OnePlus" but would be nice to have a second one using the Ponte Vecchio logo. Oh, and hello to a fellow West Coaster!

Regards,

Mike
LMWDP #685

Advertisement
Yossi1818

#3: Post by Yossi1818 »

Very cool! Is this a vector file?
Thanks,

tompeij (original poster)

#4: Post by tompeij (original poster) »

bcrdukes wrote:Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing the link to the Etsy page where you got the portafilter screen? I have one from "OnePlus" but would be nice to have a second one using the Ponte Vecchio logo. Oh, and hello to a fellow West Coaster!

Regards,

Mike
Hi Mike - Hello from rainy Vancouver Island!

No problem at all. Here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1067222 ... _purchases

#5: Post by tompeij (original poster) »

Yossi1818 wrote:Very cool! Is this a vector file?
Thanks,
This is a png file but I can send you the vector (ai) file if you want?

bcrdukes

#6: Post by bcrdukes »

Thank you for this!

Which file size/type will the vendor on Etsy require? I think I will definitely get one of these!
LMWDP #685

#7: Post by tompeij (original poster) »

Hey Mike,

I went with the 1.7mm 100um with a 45mm diameter. Store shipped it out today! Looking forward to my non eroded pucks!

Edit: I selected the "Engraved" option and added my size in the text box above quantity dropdown. I sent the png file to the seller via dm after completing the order. Pretty smooth process, the store confirmed within a day of receiving the file. I asked for the logo to be about 39mm diameter. Hoping it will look good!

Advertisement

#8: Post by tompeij (original poster) »

bcrdukes wrote:Thank you for this!

Which file size/type will the vendor on Etsy require? I think I will definitely get one of these!
Haha sorry, I'll blame the fact that I had only been awake for few minutes when I replied to you. I think the file they prefer is png/jpg and they didn't give a size requirement but I made mine 4x bigger than what I requested for the print size (39mm).

zfeldman

#9: Post by zfeldman »

How are you liking the results in the cup using the screen?

#10: Post by tompeij (original poster) replying to zfeldman »

Love it. I actually haven't received the screen for my PV Export yet (just shipped today). But for my BDB and my Picopresso I do have them and I can't see myself going back to not using. Now I am not a coffee scientist so I have no way of quantifying but in my opinion the screens do a great job of puck saturation. I think that the mesh helps with dispersing the water over the coffee more evenly just due to the nature of having this sort of "tortured path to least resistance" it needs to take. The screen also protects the integrity of the puck as I don't see any evidence of erosion and keeps the machine cleaner as little to no coffee grounds ever come into contact with the dispersion screen. Even the portafilter stays cleaner, the pucks are dry and knock out cleanly. For the cost to performance ratio - a screen is a "must have" in my opinion, it's just too cheap to not try out.