Olympia Cremina new grouphead wanted

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
nanook

#1: Post by nanook »

Anyone know where we can get new group head for the cremina. My 1980, was already a bit worn out when I bought it in 2007 and restored it, it held on, but don't want to be empty handed when it goes. Cerini been out of stock for a long time. Olympia CH doesn't list them in their parts available.

Thanks.
Rob

Marmot

#2: Post by Marmot »

You can contact Migg Frei here in switzerland. If anyone has spare parts it will be him. A grouphead is probably the most expensive part on that machine though.

info@olympia-kaffeemachinen.ch

Advertisement
Tillamook

#3: Post by Tillamook »

Just curious, how can you wear out a group head?

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

From Repairing old Olympia Cremina grouphead:

Dan Kehn

Marmot

#5: Post by Marmot »

I have seen some groupheads with that kind of wear. I guess there was not enough lubrication on the rear pin and roller?

Tillamook

#6: Post by Tillamook »

Wow ! That is some serious wear....

sonnylowe

#7: Post by sonnylowe »

You can now buy parts directly from Olympia, it might be worth checking with them.
LMWDP #597

Advertisement
Richard

#8: Post by Richard replying to sonnylowe »

If you are in Switzerland, yes; otherwise, no. Conspicuously placed wording in a large font on the landing page for parts ordering: "Please take note: We are only able to process orders from Switzerland."
-- Richard

sonnylowe

#9: Post by sonnylowe »

Richard wrote:If you are in Switzerland, yes; otherwise, no. Conscicuously placed wording in a large font on the landing page for parts ordering: "Please take note: We are only able to process orders from Switzerland."
My bad, I had seen a post on FB saying they now sold parts directly, but I didn't actually check the site.
LMWDP #597

drgary
Team HB

#10: Post by drgary »

Another option is to cut out the worn part, braze on a fitted brass block, drill and shape the interior and replate. I don't know whether that would cost less than a new group.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!