Almond milk recommendations for lattes? - Page 2

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Kaffee Bitte

#11: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

chipman wrote:Do you like it better than the Barista oat Milk version?
I found the Califia farms almond barista blend locally and tried it. Creamy nice texture and foams better than the oatmilk by a smidge
Bet your wife will like it. It is good but the nutty flavor is definitely dominant and therefore a bit over the top for me. Sticking with the oat milk.

I can say though as far as the nut milks go for me the only one I really found that worked for me has been Elmhurst pistachio barista blend. I think it's because it's a blend of more than just nuts for my taste.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

chipman

#12: Post by chipman »

Thanks for the reply. I just tried the almond version from Califia and agree with you. Too much nutty flavor for me. I usually use either Califia, Oatly, or Rise oat milk. I'll give the Elmhurst pistachio a try. The drink I really prefer, but is too expensive and hard to find is the Ripple Barista blend.

Advertisement
Kaffee Bitte

#13: Post by Kaffee Bitte replying to chipman »

The pistachio is great for dry process coffees and some of the honey process I have had recently. Doesn't pair well to my taste with any of the wet process I have tried it with so far. This could just be my gear though as it tends to pull best for honey and dry process coffees. Also I personally prefer dry process overall, so grain of salt that.

Ripple barista blend doesn't seem to exist in any grocery I have seen. I was looking to try it but probably have to Amazon it like the Elmhurst as the South is a bit behind the alt milk game.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

chipman

#14: Post by chipman »

I found The Ripple drink at Target. You can search Ripple's website for the availability in your area.

Kaffee Bitte

#15: Post by Kaffee Bitte replying to chipman »

My local area target doesn't seem to carry barista blends at all. They have a smallish milk section. And I really don't like the non barista blend versions of most of the brands they carry I have better luck with whole foods or Publix for the barista blends. That's where I am getting the oatmilk from.
Mostly I have been buying 6 packs from Amazon of the things I can't get locally but love to have on hand.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

CSME9

#16: Post by CSME9 »

Saw this new plant based oat & pea milk blend at Target, Silk Nextmilk 7gr carbs 3 gr sugar. Was tempted to try it, has any one tried it yet ?

chipman

#17: Post by chipman »

I've been drinking the Ripple unsweetened pea drink for a few years now. I haven't seen that Silk blend drink yet. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Advertisement
CSME9

#18: Post by CSME9 »

Tried the new Silk next milk, not bad. Added tablespoon of heavy whip cream and frothed well.
Question: Can you premix heavy whip cream all at once to the container so it is all premixed or should you add as you go in the frothing picture ? Thanks