Upgrading Huky gas gauge - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Marcelnl

#11: Post by Marcelnl »

So I finally got around to reading the threads mentioned earlier...

Logging gas pressure is not my foremost goal, more precise control of gas setting is...I may have read over it but I do not see any phidget based solution that might work so a standalone pressure dial in KPa is good enough for me...

The Dwyer DPGA 8 comes across as suitable but comes with a price tag of around 180 euro, I really wonder if the phidget 1140 absolute pressure measurement unit will not do even if it maxxes out at 4 bar (400KPa) https://www.google.com/search?q=400kpa+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

I start out at max pressure, 4.5 Bar =450KPa, after 3:20m I drop the gas tp 4bar, and I;d be in range...bottom end range is 20Kpa or 0.2Bar...seems reasonable, now only to figure out where I find a T piece allowing me to connect a hose to the phidget to try and find out if it breaks at 5bar or not (suspect not)
LMWDP #483

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Brewzologist »

Marcel; As you stated, logging gas flow isn't your main goal, but what do you mean then by precise gas control? Are you concerned the analog gauge is imprecise versus a digital solution connected to Artisan?

Advertisement
Marcelnl

#13: Post by Marcelnl »

good question, My main issue is that the original Gauge on the Huky is not very precise in the lower range (I guess below 2.5) and I want something more exact in order to get to the next level of roast control.
LMWDP #483

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Brewzologist »

Well, FWIW I've been very happy with control using the 0-6 kPa gauge on mine.