Kaldi Wide 400 With Center 306 - Roast Profile Questions - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
littlenut

#21: Post by littlenut »

silkypull wrote:silly question, but how are the BT probe installed on a drum roaster? thinking to get the Kaldi mini and can't figure out how the BT probe would be installed. thanks.
Hey Rui,

If you're talking about a thermometer temperature measurement of the beans, follow this link https://eng.homecaffe.net/product/kaldi ... display/1/ and scroll down to a photo that has a TG inserted in the roasters opening.

If you're talking about an RTD or thermocouple temperature measurement IMVHO it isn't practical for that roaster....it makes me think of trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

HTH, -LN

silkypull

#22: Post by silkypull »

yea the probe that goes in could be use to measure BT. but i'm thinking to find a way to do both BT and ET. i found a video on youtube on how to add thermocouple so i'll go with that. :)

also found a video where someone use mastech with artisan, which was surprise to me as i thought it would only work with phiget or something like that.
LMWDP #663

littlenut

#23: Post by littlenut replying to silkypull »

UP FRONT : UNSOLICITED OPINION INCOMING

If I wanted a roaster on a budget and planned to add probes for Tb and Te w/ the ability to connect to Artisan I would look at a Freshroast SR800. HTH, -LN