Help! Breville Dual Boiler caught a BAD case of the Err2 - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
DaDudster (original poster)

#11: Post by DaDudster (original poster) »

Well.. So I manually refilled the steam boiler and then fired it back up. The 01 (Steam NTC) error code is gone, but I'm still getting A LOT of 11 (Steam NTC over temp)--like 22 of them since I last reset (after manually refilling).

The steam boiler is cold too. The first time I tuned it on, it sorta heated up, but only enough to produce a little bit of steam. Then it wouldn't produce any steam at all. I turned everything off for a bit (went to a family dinner thing) and then flipped it back on when I got home. Brew boiler heats up fine--steam boiler, nada!

Edit: Did some additional testing and was able to get the steam boiler heating again by reseating & jiggling the steam NTC. It seemed like the more I juggled it, the more it would heat (although still not enough to make steam). Also, after playing with the NTC sensor, I checked the error counts again and error code 11 had ticked up to 51!!

So this is seeming to me like the culprit here is definitely the steam NTC. Thoughts?

lancealot

#12: Post by lancealot »

when i did my opv mod, i cut the tube about 1 inch dowm from the opv outlet. that gave me space to put it back to stock using a press-fit union. no problems with this and the warranty process.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0795 ... UTF8&psc=1

From your last post, sounds like you've got a better picture of whats going on. are you going to send it in or by the ntc"s from outwestcoffee and try to fix it yourself? is the machine still under warranty?

Have you opened the white box and traced the ntc wires back to see where the connect to the logic board? that will give you an idea of what is involved in the diy fix.

DaDudster (original poster)

#13: Post by DaDudster (original poster) replying to lancealot »

Good call on tracing back to the logic board. Right now I'm leaning towards buying the NTC and trying to fix it myself, but only if I don't have to do any soldering. Also, I wish I could find a seller here in the US, since buying it from outwest, the shipping is going to cost more than the part itself!

Edit: So the good news is that (1) the NTC on the logic board is simply a connector, so no soldering is involved and (2) when I touch the pins on the logic board for the steam NTC with my ohm meter, I am definitely getting resistance (5 on the x10 setting).

I'm feeling relatively comfortable here saying that I think that simply replacing the NTC sensor should resolve these error 11 codes. <fingers crossed>