Is it time for "Favorite Espressos 2021"? - Page 3

Offer your ideas on how to improve the site or report problems.
PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by PIXIllate »

baldheadracing wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious :mrgreen:, some kind of Canadian option would be desirable. I would be willing to coordinate, for example, if last year's shipping scheme is repeated:
1. bulk ship to my USA address
2. broker clears customs and ships the bulk order to me. (My feeling is that the border is going to remain closed.)
3. I split the order out and ship CanadaPost flat rate box (or whatever) to Canadian participants.

I don't think that there will be many Canadians interested as the additional cost is probably $20-$30 extra for each Canadian (depending on how many and where they live) and there will be a delay in getting the coffees, but I'd still be interested, and if there are a few others, then it could work ...
I'm in for Canada if you decide to take that pain in the rear task on. The money won't bother me as I feel group tasting has often benifited me in the world of wine. Especially when you're sitting with more experienced tasters.

happycat

#22: Post by happycat »

baldheadracing wrote:At the risk of stating the obvious :mrgreen:, some kind of Canadian option would be desirable. I would be willing to coordinate, for example, if last year's shipping scheme is repeated:
1. bulk ship to my USA address
2. broker clears customs and ships the bulk order to me. (My feeling is that the border is going to remain closed.)
3. I split the order out and ship CanadaPost flat rate box (or whatever) to Canadian participants.

I don't think that there will be many Canadians interested as the additional cost is probably $20-$30 extra for each Canadian (depending on how many and where they live) and there will be a delay in getting the coffees, but I'd still be interested, and if there are a few others, then it could work ...
So are we talking something like CAD$75 all-in based on last year's prices?
LMWDP #603

HB
Admin

#23: Post by HB »

Last year's prices are unlikely to be repeated; the cost of shipping and coffee have gone up, plus the roasters' offered a significant discount. We also saved a lot by having two roasters ship to the third, who then packaged/shipped everything. That was a lot of work on Caffe Lusso's end; another roaster may not be willing to put in that much extra work.
Dan Kehn