Missed Kafatek Monolith Preorder Again - Which Grinder Should I Get Now? - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Espressoman007

#31: Post by Espressoman007 »

arpatch wrote:How often would you say one appears there / people sell their preorders? Was on there yesterday and saw one go up but it was just for an MC4. Ill keep my eyes out though
If you want to grab one, you have to be the first to offer. You said you were there yesterday? You have to be present all day every day. Sounds crazy, but then you'll have a chance to offer first when it shows up. I really don't know how many. It can be more then ten per month, could be less could be more, and I mean for all three. What you are saying is like you are expecting the grinder to come to you. It won't. You have to go and pick one. That's how it works. A lot of people post an offer for one as WTB, and I mean a lot. And I would say that those who do that are just those who are not willing to spend time visiting the site. I don't think they'll grab anything that way.

Cheers!

Jeff
Team HB

#32: Post by Jeff »

arpatch wrote:What is shimming?
Using very, very thin pieces of metal (aluminum foil, for example) to make tiny adjustments in alignment.

No matter how good one's CNC process is, whether it is a high-end coffee grinder or machine tools, they can benefit from individual adjustment.

Espressoman007

#33: Post by Espressoman007 »

arpatch wrote:How often would you say one appears there / people sell their preorders? Was on there yesterday and saw one go up but it was just for an MC4. Ill keep my eyes out though
I just dropped by to Kafatek forum and saw one Max 110V is being offered (pre-order), but there are other people sending offers, I don't know if you saw that?

Cheers!

hege

#34: Post by hege »

As far as I can tell, Denis measures the runout of each individual burr carrier to be within a few microns. Same for the Shuriken burrs. I doubt that it would be out of tolerance by so much that aluminum foil is required. Unless you have specialized equipment at home to measure the burrs, the foil shimming will likely just make the alignment worse.
LMWDP #631

JayBeck

#35: Post by JayBeck »

If you could find one, get a Niche. But If I were you I'd buy a Key. I used a Niche for well over a year but it does lack sweetness that other grinders have. Niche is a great value and workflow. Key will improve on both taste, workflow, and build quality.