What espresso subscriptions do people like?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jeffg2020

#1: Post by jeffg2020 »

Looking for info on espresso subscriptions. My preference would be one that lets me try different roasters, and both medium & dark. LM looks great but my target price is $20-25/month. I only make 2 shots per day, a capp in the morning & a shot in the afternoon. I live in NYC so E Coast is probably ideal but location may not make much difference.

Thx in advance for your tips.

-Jeff

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

JohnB mentions https://www.gocoffeego.com a lot. I've never tried them myself, but one of these days I'll get on it.

I've heard good things about it.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

clc12rock

#3: Post by clc12rock »

I just signed up for the La Marzocco one, but that Go Coffee Go one looks more intriguing. I also only pull 1-2 shots per day so it will be tough for me to get through two bags of coffee. I'd prefer two shipments per month. I'll report back on the LM subscription once I get it next month.

mike guy

#4: Post by mike guy »

I was gifted the Counter Culture single origin one for Christmas last year. I have enjoyed every bag so far, with the Hama being my favorite so far. Was very good and I wish it was still available for order.

felyko

#5: Post by felyko »

northboundcoffee.com

clc12rock

#6: Post by clc12rock »

I was gifted a Craft Coffee subscription. It's pretty solid, I get 3 different coffees per month in one shipment. Coffee is usually 14+ days old by the time I get it, which is kind of a bummer.

jeffg2020 (original poster)

#7: Post by jeffg2020 (original poster) replying to clc12rock »

I'll check these out, thx. Gocoffeego looks good and they were v responsive to an initial email.

I loved Counter Culture when I was drinking drip. I find it a little frustrating that they insist you can use any coffee for espresso. I'm not convinced of that. But it's their philosophy - I even corresponded w/ them about it. I hear Hologram and Big Trouble are possibly the best for espresso.

mike guy

#8: Post by mike guy »

I find most of counter cultures coffee just fine for straight espresso. They are usually too fruit forward and acidic for milk drinks though, so I know exactly what you mean. They definitely roast for acid and thin shots with little body, so if anyone is looking for chocolaty and mouthfeel I would probably not recommend them. they have their style and they do it well.

dsblv

#9: Post by dsblv »

Bean Box offers an excellent subscription focused on Seattle area roasters. Each month you get 4 sample bags from different roasters and you can specify the type of roast you like. The beans are sent immediately after roasting, so they're fresh.

Bean Box allowed me to try out a wide variety of Seattle area roasters and avoid wasting beans. The subscription for the 4-bag samples was $20/month. You can also set up a monthly subscription with 12 oz bags.

After using Bean Box for 6 months, I then switched to La Marzocco Home's subscription. I wanted to experiment with new coffees and La Marzocco's subscription offers coffees from around the U.S and even internationally, I believe.

slybarman

#10: Post by slybarman »

mike guy wrote:I find most of counter cultures coffee just fine for straight espresso. They are usually too fruit forward and acidic for milk drinks though, so I know exactly what you mean. They definitely roast for acid and thin shots with little body, so if anyone is looking for chocolaty and mouthfeel I would probably not recommend them. they have their style and they do it well.
I miss CC's La Forza. That was great for milk drinks.