E61 To go?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
pallen

#1: Post by pallen »

Not dead yet...

The second machine looks interesting too...
https://dailycoffeenews.com/2017/12/11/ ... r9-single/

RikC

#2: Post by RikC »

Ah I already mentioned the R9 here when there was only a youtube video available: Do you guys think the E61 grouphead is outdated?

- Pressure profiling
- Saturated group with 2l boiler
- 4l steam boiler
- Integrated reservoir or plumbing
- $5500-$6000,- price range

Direct GS/3 competitor if you ask me...

pallen (original poster)

#3: Post by pallen (original poster) »

Looks like an amazing machine. WAY out of my price range.

But who wants a suitcase E61?

redbone

#4: Post by redbone »

I believe this machine was made both as an exercise in engineering and as a way to draw attention to Rocket.
At times niche products are produced clearly knowing there is little market or financial recuperation.

Similar to what car companies do when they build their high end sports car knowing that the volume will be low but it will generate sales in their division that shares similar names or traits. Example Dodge Hellcat, bet they sold a lot of Challengers and Chargers without the Hellcat package based on shared looks and division names.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

pallen (original poster)

#5: Post by pallen (original poster) »

Yeah, looks like a trade show demo kind of thing.
I do like the idea of as minimal footprint as possible - especially for a plumbed in machine. There's a lot of empty space inside my Expobar.

Nick Name

#6: Post by Nick Name »

I like the idea of that machine. The carry case is identical to the cases I carry my (non-coffee) gear around. If it weren't for the price I would jump in the bandwagon straight away.

But if I had some spare 5000-6000 bucks lying around, I'd probably spend them to a new guitar or an amp. I'm that happy with my present espresso gear. :)

And for the time being, I will be traveling with an Aeropress and an Aergrind.

Headala

#7: Post by Headala »

There are two machines being discussed:
R9 is full profiling machine, not portable, US$6000
Portavia is the portable machine, not profiling, basically just an Appartamento in a suitcase, for US$2750.

I like Rocket, but if you want a portable machine, the upcoming Decent Espresso DE1 with suitcase would be a better option IMHO.