Warm up time of ECM Synchronika vs La Marzocco Linea Mini

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.

#1: Post by 90066 »

Hello,

I tried searching; apologies if I missed something. Could someone please tell me - how long do I need to wait for ECM Synchronika to be ready to make a cortado? (so, brew boiler, and then, perhaps as I brew, steam boiler can finish heating). Never had a DB, so I assume this is how it works?

Also, I read somewhere that Linea Mini is ready to go in 15 minutes. Is that true?

Thank you!

RyanJE

#2: Post by RyanJE replying to 90066 »

Generally e61 dual and single boilers need 50 minutes with PF locked in from turning on. It really is 50 minutes for the precise temps. 5-10 earlier and you short of the PID set point.

Not sure about the mini myself, but it has an integrated group so much faster.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by RockyIII »

I waited 45 minutes for my E61 HX machines to warm up prior to use. For my Linea Mini, it was just 15 minutes.

Rocky

Yukonista

#4: Post by Yukonista »

My previous HX machine, a Rocket Classic, was definitely 45-50 minutes.
However, in practice, my Pro700 is much faster than this. 20 minutes and I'm at brew temperature as measured by the Erics thermometer.
My offset is set at 26F, brew boiler set at 197, and this morning after 20 minutes Erics read 196F during a pour.
Mind you, I run the group head pump 2-3 times for a few seconds during warm up, so perhaps that speeds things up? Temp stayed constant for 3 shots.
The brew temp will get higher if I leave it on longer, and then have to flush for a moment, certainly not the long flushes of the old HX.