Home Barista training in Dallas-Fort Worth

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
DFWcoffee

#1: Post by DFWcoffee »

Okay, to begin. I have been getting into the home espresso scene for a couple of years now. Have made the usual progression on equipment from a pressurized play-toy to a nice HX machine and Vario grinder. I feel like I have a good handle on making espresso. Not a pro by any means though. I have a good understanding of cause and effect and how to correct mistakes that I might make. My main issue is latte art. Try as I might, I just cant do it. At best, when I try and pour a simple heart, it looks more like an elongated circle with a dent in one end. I now there are several good videos out there. I have watched them over and over. My problem is, I am deaf. Some of them have closed captions but it's not on the level of the CC's you see on TV etc. So, I miss a lot of tidbits etc. All that said, this is my question. I have seen people talk about being able to go to basic classes etc given by a professional Barista. I'm just curious if anyone is aware of such a person in the Dallas Fort Worth area?

Advertisement
Charlene

#2: Post by Charlene »

Hi Alan,

You happen to be in luck.

There is a school offering a class in latte art in Arlington, called Texas Coffee School.

TCS - Latte Art Class

That's just one of many types of barista classes they offer.

DFWcoffee (original poster)

#3: Post by DFWcoffee (original poster) »

Thank you Charlene. Looks like a good early birthday present my wife can get me :)