Monolith Conical vs. Flat (for straight shots) - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Almico

#11: Post by Almico »

chopinhauer wrote:Good observation, but for the fact that the 'answer' came after my post. Also a good example of the real subtext and motivation behind my post.
Read the OP again. He answers his own questions and indicates he has read (at least some) threads about them. What more can possibly be added about these two grinders that hasn't already been said? How many people do you think actually own both?

wachuko

#12: Post by wachuko »

I bought the conical...should be here sometime in August...and it will be amazing and better than any flat. And it will give me syrupy-caramel-honey texture like shots. I only do espresso/ristretto shots.

Hahahahahahhaha I am not buying another grinder!!!! So stop these threads!! :D
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#13: Post by mivanitsky »

I have both. 2 Conicals and one Flat. I have Red Speed burrs on one Conical, and TiN on the other. I note no difference whatsoever between the two Conical burr sets in the cup.

My impressions of the Flat v. Conical are essentially identical to those of those of ds and kwantfm. I too slightly prefer the flat.

I bought the second Conical for my office, instead of the Flat, due to faster speed, less mess, and slightly less need to adjust grinder, to simplify use by others in my office.

I drink almost exclusively straight shots, usually light single origin roasts.

Charlene

#14: Post by Charlene »

This thread has all the appearances of Ford vs Chevy ...New England Patriots vs Seattle Sea Hawks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too funny! :lol:

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#15: Post by mivanitsky replying to Charlene »

Please, Charlene...

Audi vs. BMW

Charlene

#16: Post by Charlene replying to mivanitsky »

Porsche vs Corvette ;-)

chipman

#17: Post by chipman »

Thank God it wasn't Saab vs Yugo. (I owned a Saab)

osel (original poster)

#18: Post by osel (original poster) »

Is a quality difference in the cup so significant that one would typically notice it when upgrading from Helor 101 to Monolith Conical?

marlodmb

#19: Post by marlodmb »

I have a ecm classika also and have a conical monolith coming on this current production run. Not sure how far you are from Wisconsin but anyone on this forum wanting to try mine out is more than welcome to bring your grinder for a side by side testing.

EDChris

#20: Post by EDChris »

mivanitsky wrote:Please, Charlene...

Audi vs. BMW
ECM vs. Profitec