Which would you choose between Slayer 1Gr and KvdW Mirage 2Gr

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
tee.techa

#1: Post by tee.techa »

Hi, anyone who has experience between these two machine. Please help me which will I choose between Slayer 1Gr and KvdW Mirage 2Gr (nearly price)
Also please give me pros and cons of these two.
Cheers
Coffee and beer don't make the world go round. They make it go up and down.

kolu

#2: Post by kolu »

where do you plan to use it? café/home?

slayer is killer-shot puller if you have time to fiddle and watch each one of your shots, mirage is on the other hand basically quite high-volume machine (volumetrics, 2 groups). mirage is a bit sensitive to ambient airflow but doesn't require flushing (when set and used correctly) to get correct brew temp., has great option of steam valve footpedal and is very solidly built machine.
if its for home, have you considered speedster?

EDChris

#3: Post by EDChris »

Yeah, home use I'd go with the Slayer or the Speedster. The upside to the Mirage is its striking design, but a lot of the $$$ for it is spent on durability, consistency, and reliability in commercial settings.

They both have novel pre-infusion systems, though the KVDM took a bit of messing around to set up as compared to the Slayer.

CwD

#4: Post by CwD »

In that price range I'd personally be looking hard at a Synesso MVP Hydra, but the option for fully manual pressure control is important to me.