What happened to the Lyn Weber EG-1? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ds

#11: Post by ds »

Coachiain wrote:I'm also looking forward to the result of the particle distribution for EG-1 and MF.
Hurry up Joe and Jeremy. :wink:
Same here :-) Its going to be interesting to see the results and I believe that engineering and care put into the MF will show in the results.

chipman

#12: Post by chipman »

This is starting to sound like coffee's version of the Jets vs the Sharks.

roanjohn

#13: Post by roanjohn »

This is a good time to be an espresso aficionado - LynWeber and Denis (Kafatek) are tapping into the single-dosing market with a LOT of happy customers. I wonder if the big name companies (Compak, Baratza) will follow suit.

Having been a happy HG-1 user (now awaiting my Monolith) - I can say that you can't go wrong with both companies. They stand behind their product. The fact that Kafatek is harder to get is I think the main reason why it is being talked about more in this forum. Would be interesting if LynWeber decides to do a motorize version of the HG-1 as it is an amazing grinder - I love the design.

thesharpener

#14: Post by thesharpener »

roanjohn wrote: I wonder if the big name companies (Compak, Baratza) will follow suit.
This same thing has been on my mind too. I'd love to see this, as more competition in the home user single dosing grinder sector is good for all of us.
Pete - LMWDP #572

ds

#15: Post by ds »

roanjohn wrote:I wonder if the big name companies (Compak, Baratza) will follow suit.
I don't think they will. The market is minuscule...

ira
Team HB

#16: Post by ira »

I was trying to convince Mazzer to make a prototype short ZM to trot out at shows and gauge interest. When I said it was for home, he said buy a Mini and I said not happening. At some level, Mazzer considers most of the espresso grinders equivalent and recommends based only on expected volume. The idea that the Robur makes better espresso than a Mini seems to be an alien thought.

Ira

rbh1515

#17: Post by rbh1515 »

[creative nickname] wrote:Another crop of Monolith posts have involved mods...
I was an early adopter of the Monolith....very first batch! Have never considered any mods. It just keeps doing an awesome job grinding.

Rob

aecletec

#18: Post by aecletec »

A not-so local cafe has one that on occasion I've had brews from - consistently delish!! They find that the low rpms are good for pourover, higher rpms for espresso.

CwD

#19: Post by CwD replying to aecletec »

Aha! I'm glad to finally hear someone else say they use higher RPM for espresso, been feeling like the odd man out. Any idea what they're running? I'm around 1320 right now.

aecletec

#20: Post by aecletec »

Sorry, the numbers slip my mind but I'll get back to you!