SF Bay Area Lever Extravaganza, June 10!

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
drgary
Team HB

#1: Post by drgary »

Hi Everyone:

It's been awhile, but Cher (doubleOsoul) and her husband, Demello, will host a Home-Barista gathering at their home in Vallejo on Saturday, June 10. I will be visiting with my wife, Janet, and we will all see Cher's collection of vintage levers and brewers for the first time.

Janet and I look forward to visiting our friends in the Bay Area. This is my first time back since we moved in 2014. Start time is 10:30 a.m. Janet and I will leave for the airport at 2:30 and the rest of you will continue until ...? You're all invited to bring home roasts, greens for exchange, pot luck snacks and goodies, and special vintage gear. If it's something large please PM Cher to ask if it will fit.* Let us know if you're coming and I'll create a list in this first post. The week before the event Cher will PM her address to those who plan to attend. This will be great fun! Post here if you can make it.

Planned attendees per post on this thread, PM or email:

cuppajoe
DJR
doubleOsoul
drgary
MB
napierzaza (if can arrange transportation)
slickrock
yakster

* At one of the HB gatherings in our home, someone brought an Astoria commercial lever that we were able to accommodate on our washer and dryer with access to water and a 220v outlet. Henry Chang brought his Mini 500 roaster and someone else brought a drum barbecue roaster, and these fit in our driveway and connected to outdoor power outlets. Cher will tell us more about her setup, but for sure her collection alone will be a lot to look at.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#2: Post by doubleOsoul »

Hey, sounds fun. Can I come? Ha ha! Don't let the Benicia bridge toll deter everyone from coming because this event is gonna be a stone cold gas! :D
Most of my equipment is lever based so I'll make sure the Cremina, MCALS, and Faeminas are running. The Duchessa and Conti probably wont be ready but its all good. We'll have enough machines to pull shots from. I have more hand grinders than anyone knows what to do with (HG-1, Pharos, etc) but I'll also get my Ditting serviced so we can grind electrified too. Bring what you want to show off/share/have others enjoy.

DJR

#3: Post by DJR »

I might be able to come

Dan

SimonPatrice

#4: Post by SimonPatrice »

It's too bad that SF is so far from Montreal, I would have loved being there. I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Enjoy!
Patrice
LMWDP #428

redbone

#5: Post by redbone replying to SimonPatrice »

Life stream :P Virtual visit.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

SimonPatrice

#6: Post by SimonPatrice replying to redbone »

It doesn't taste as good that way though. :wink:
Patrice
LMWDP #428

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

This event sounds great, it would be nice to see old friends and make new ones, but I'll have to see if I can fit this in this summer.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Javier

#8: Post by Javier »

I wish I could be present for this meeting, but sadly I can't. I am sure it will be awesome.
LMWDP #115

doubleOsoul

#9: Post by doubleOsoul »

SimonPatrice wrote:It's too bad that SF is so far from Montreal, I would have loved being there. I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Enjoy!

Ha ha .... I didn't let that stop me when I lived in Canada.

napierzaza

#10: Post by napierzaza »

I actually moved to SF from Montreal this January. So it won't stop me :D

Would anyone be coming in from SF or a nearby BART station and be willing to give me and maybe my girlfriend a ride?