Nuova Simonelli Musica on eBay $700 cheaper!

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thecoffeefield

#1: Post by thecoffeefield »

Guys, just like the title says. I found a brand new nuova simonelli musica (LED light version) on eBay for a little more than $1700 but it retails at SCG for $2500. I messaged the seller and they stated that they are located in Seattle and an authorized seller. They also stated that the machine is brand new with warranty for 1 year. I also checked with eBay and they have a money back guarantee if the item is not as described. What am I missing?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

There was a fraudulent seller last year selling Nuova Simonelli Oscars for $40 each. Some of these "too good to be true" deals only get caught after the account gets closed and PayPal refund.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
LukeFlynn

#3: Post by LukeFlynn »

I don't think it's too cheap. The $40 Oscar thing screamed scam.

I would say take the gamble. if it is indeed fraudulent, you can create a case with eBay or PayPal and have your money back within a few business days.

Yeah, it might cause you some headache if it's not legit, but it could be a great steal if it is.

A potentially good indicator would be how they communicated with you, most of the scammers on eBay aren't very fluent in English.. at least in my experience. YMMV.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

thecoffeefield wrote:What am I missing?
Apparently, there's a lot of price variance, at least according to Google shopping: Nuova Simonelli Musica prices
Dan Kehn

thecoffeefield (original poster)

#5: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

I checked their reviews also and it looks like someone else bought a Musica from them and left them a positive glowing feedback. I'm seriously considering this.

thecoffeefield (original poster)

#6: Post by thecoffeefield (original poster) »

HB wrote:Apparently, there's a lot of price variance, at least according to Google shopping: Nuova Simonelli Musica prices
Most of the variance is because of the eBay seller(s) and the fact that the musica varies from 2200 to 3200. Depending if it's the model with the LED or the black stripes or plumbed vs reservoir