Baratza Sette 30 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Headala

#11: Post by Headala »

I like this. Common parts and basic structure of multiple grinders helps greatly with improving reliability, future upgrades, etc.

dilin

#12: Post by dilin »

Well I hope they sorted the weak outer burr ring (if it is still in the design) , I am on my third ring in two years, and I consider myself a careful user.

Advertisement
Headala

#13: Post by Headala replying to dilin »

The Sette is a completely different design from the previous Virtuoso/Preciso/etc. design paradigm.

curmudgeon

#14: Post by curmudgeon »

List of assumptions:
1) Sette 30 sells for $249 (MSRP)
2) Sette 270 sells for $500 (MSRP)
2) List of parts for Sette 30 is similar to 270/270W
3) Burr adjustment assembly for 270/270W costs less than $250

I don't see why I can't improve the Sette 30 to have the fine adjust for less money than the 270...or am I missing something obvious here?

cmin

#15: Post by cmin »

RikC wrote:
Or wait for Baratza to eventually introduce a 'titan class' Sette (the 270W would go for filter duty/2nd grinder then) :mrgreen:
Considering how their burr sets always outperformed their size, imagine if they did a larger one, a larger conical Sette would be incredible.

I love my reg 270, have barely touched my Vario since getting it

Headala

#16: Post by Headala »

curmudgeon wrote:List of assumptions:
1) Sette 30 sells for $249 (MSRP)
2) Sette 270 sells for $500 (MSRP)
2) List of parts for Sette 30 is similar to 270/270W
3) Burr adjustment assembly for 270/270W costs less than $250

I don't see why I can't improve the Sette 30 to have the fine adjust for less money than the 270...or am I missing something obvious here?
30- $250
270- $380
270W- $500

curmudgeon

#17: Post by curmudgeon replying to Headala »

Well I was going off of MSRP, but since the $250 quoted is MAP, let's run with the $380 figure.

That still gives me $130 for the adjustment mechanism. Given Baratza's past pricing schemes, I hardly think that piece would amount to $130, so you'd still come out ahead. What you have to ask yourself is if you want the adjustable arms for that money.

Advertisement
Headala

#18: Post by Headala replying to curmudgeon »

If you want, that might be doable. But the preset times are important on the Sette if you ever change grinding times (the Sette 30 doesn't have them). It goes too fast to try to start/stop it manually. So just keep that in mind.

curmudgeon

#19: Post by curmudgeon replying to Headala »

I'm generally a single doser, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. At this point, it's mostly just a thought exercise anyway... I'm always thinking of ways to make life more difficult to save a few bucks. :D

yakster (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by yakster (original poster) »

The release of the Sette 30 has been postponed.

https://www.baratza.com/sette-30-release-postponed/
-Chris

LMWDP # 272