Strauss Almond Barista Milk

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
chipman

#1: Post by chipman »

My local super market is carrying Strauss Barista Almond milk. I bought some to try. I sure hope it doesn't taste like almond milk, I hate that stuff. :D

bettysnephew

#2: Post by bettysnephew »

I am on a ketogenic diet and have been making low carb caps with whole whipping cream. The cream does not microfoam but will froth with a whisk. It actually tastes pretty good but no sweetness develops like steaming milk. To make a long story short, today I was out of cream but had some vanilla almond milk that is used for protein shakes (which are good tasting) so thought I would try that and pick up cream later. I don't know why but this combo was the most vile tasting concoction I have ever tried. I have made some bad shots over the years as I have been learning espresso but have always drank them as part of the learning experience. This was my first "sink shot". One taste was one too many, it was worse than Charbucks! I hope that stuff you got works better than Silk Almond Milk.
Suffering from EAS (Espresso Acquisition Syndrome)
LMWDP #586

chipman (original poster)

#3: Post by chipman (original poster) »

Well, I'll say this. If you are a non milk drinker, this stuff works pretty well. It foams and tastes better than Silk or Califia. it did have a strange but not a bad taste when mixed with Cafe Lusso Gran Miscela Carmo. But, I think i'll pass on this almond milk, or any brand in the future. Now if Strauss made their Barista milk available, i'm all in.