Gaggia Orione 2 group make up

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Esperame

#1: Post by Esperame »

Hello guys
In April 2014 I posted a pic of my very first shot with my Gaggia Orione two group, wow time past very fast.
After three years I decided to do a make up to my machine, I should said I make 4 shots daily average, when I got the machine I was tempted to painted and polishes it but instead I decided to enjoyed it as it was and I am pleased with that, I learned a lot reading this forum posts and practicing during those years since I am not looking for the best espresso in the world (considering my limited resources) I can said without hesitation that I can make and drink at home a better espresso that the ones I can find in my area so I am happy.

Well I disassembles the machine and I am in the process of polishing and painting it besides some maintenance so I pull apart the piston from the group body and found that the person who did the last time used na unknown for me grease to lube the inside and after this years the grease turned dry and sticky I ask to the wisdom of the forum after checking the archives with no luck what kind of products should I use to clean up the gunk and what kind of lube should I use.

I must let you know that living in Venezuela is not an easy task to find products that may look ordinary or common to you guys but exotic for us like very special kind of lubes I am 100%sure the lube I found inside was not fancy or healthy at all so anything in the middle will work for me another question is how to lube it properly a pic or a video you may refer me to will work too.

Thanks
Seeking the way of a good coffee shot

Esperame (original poster)

#2: Post by Esperame (original poster) »

Some pics

Seeking the way of a good coffee shot

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

Roberto,

Is there anyone near you who repairs commercial espresso machines? Someone local who is also well regarded may be helpful in suggesting products.

If I were to try that project here, I would find a food-safe degreaser and after thorough cleaning, for lubrication I would use something like DOW 111.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!