Help Rewiring Nuova Simonelli MDX

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ejs

#1: Post by ejs »

Hello!
I bought this for a song knowing it wasn't in working condition.
The seller did not have any info on the history other than the doser counter is at about 4,100.

I stripped it down last night to clean and diagnosis, but to my surprise nothing inside was hooked up and it looks like one wire was cut, and a switch is missing on the side.

Does anyone have a diagram how these should be wired?

Many thanks in advance-

sprint jinx

#2: Post by sprint jinx »

I own one of these, its in my basement on a shelf, disassembled. If you don't get a wiring diagram posted, I would be happy to snap some images of the wires, or message you offline about what goes where.

Mine suffers from mal-alignment, which is why I took it apart. The way in which the motor and lower burr is suspended doesn't appear to offer a rigid framework for making the burr surfaces parallel, so I abandoned it. I hold onto it, just in case I can invent a new frame structure with the existing parts. In the meanwhile, the Mazzer engineering is just superior.

redbone

#3: Post by redbone »

You can try these links. Units may vary depending on year and model variants throughout the years.

https://www.espressoparts.com/parts/esp ... nder-parts

http://www.espresso-solutions.co.uk/pag ... inders/01/
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

ejs (original poster)

#4: Post by ejs (original poster) replying to redbone »

Thanks. I found these already and they unfortunately don't show where the wires need to go.

sprint jinx

#5: Post by sprint jinx »

Well, here's an image I found -

Nuova Simonelli MDX - Mazzer Super Jolly alternative

White wires go to the switch
red and blue are in and out of the capacitor
You would have to use a multimeter to determine the correct poles.

But, I'll get you the rest of what you need.

sprint jinx

#6: Post by sprint jinx »

What I see on mine is that the white and black from the power plug go into one side of the switch, and the green wire is ground. It has a loop end on it for a screw.
Red and Blue are confirmed as going into/out of the capacitor.

The reset button has a black going into one side, that comes from the power switch's power out side;
and the other side of the reset button leads directly to the motor, that wire is brown.

ado

#7: Post by ado »

Green for earthingļ¼Œ you can connect it to motor base.

ejs (original poster)

#8: Post by ejs (original poster) »

sprint jinx wrote:What I see on mine is that the white and black from the power plug go into one side of the switch, and the green wire is ground. It has a loop end on it for a screw.
Red and Blue are confirmed as going into/out of the capacitor.

The reset button has a black going into one side, that comes from the power switch's power out side;
and the other side of the reset button leads directly to the motor, that wire is brown.

This is perfect, thank you.
I got it re-wired and running.
All it needed was a new switch.