Suddenly the milk does not steam well. Why? - Page 2

Beginner and pro baristas share tips and tricks for making espresso.
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

When I was a kid my farther could not drink milk without getting ill during part of the year. The milk came from a local dairy farm or maybe there were two we went back and fourth between. It was a long time ago. Roger Jessup Farms was one of them. It was related to the feed during that part of the year.

Ira

Kathiccino (original poster)

#12: Post by Kathiccino (original poster) »

CorvusDoug wrote:Hi Katta,

Welcome to the forums! I live in Denver, Colorado and we use a local dairy company that owns and operates every step of the dairy process from cows to bottling and delivery. I have only experienced what you described a couple times, but it is definitely a thing. We've discussed this with the dairy and they will take all of the affected bottles back. While milk does definitely change in taste, texture, and behavior with the seasons and the cows' diets, this particular issue has something to do with the other steps involved. Which step I'm not exactly sure, but it does have to do with one of the many transformations milk goes through before it gets to us. I would let the dairy know about it and see if they will at least credit you for the affected milk jugs. Good luck and greetings from USA!
Thank you for your response CorvusDoug !
Yes thats interesting, let me know if you get some more information from your dairy...would be nice to get a certain answer to this weird thing...;)
I just use milk private now, so I do not take the time to contact my dairy for just one or two botles of milk.. but I certainly would do if I still was working at the cafe I used to ;)
Thank you again and let me know if you get to know more..;) Greetings from Norway